Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I see this as good news IMO as I’m a big fan and supporter of Palmetto State Armory. (y)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I don't know what Remington's debt load it, but if that were all that's at issue here (i.e., no other entanglements), I wonder whether Remington couldn't dig itself out of the hole now that ammo prices are though the roof, and availability is often non-existent. Same for some firearms.

I guessing the debt at Remington must be massive, and they're not trying to restructure. (?) Sell off the assets and the goodwill (product name). I would be real curious to know how much debt the bankruptcy courts will allow Remington to shed?

Olin (makers of Winchester ammo) officially takes over operational control of the Lake City ammo plant on Oct 1 (currently being managed by Northrop). So, obviously I'm hoping for a nice bounce in their stock price in the coming weeks. But I question the timing of this supposed bid opening for Remington - seems perfectly timed to screw the market? If it even matters? Olin is mostly a chemical company and until auto manufacturing gets back into full swing, Winchester is likely to be the only bright spot on their balance sheet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts