Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently assembled a Dagger 9 from Upper / Lower pieces. I made the mistake of following a sale price without research. I got a slide with an optics cut, which is obsolete, and is not a drop in fit for my Bushnell Low Price Red Dot. Sigh. "The taste of low price ... etcetera..."

I have Duckduckgo'd and Google'd but all I get are irrelevant references. Some links to Amazon for no longer available parts were found.

If anyone has an idea please let me know of a source.

Geoff
Who recommends you stick to RMR.

·
Super Moderator
31,670 Posts
No clue since I don't have anything like that in my collection, but have you tried looking on ebay or GunBroker?

·
Registered
15,012 Posts
What is "DPP?"

Another alternative would be to acquire a "Doctor" type MRD optic (that you like).

·
Registered
56,518 Posts
Leupold Delta Point Pro
Have had one for several years that got used in the 22lr steel plate monthly matches just twice. Went from 3-4th place to 12-14th place using it. Took it off, took the battery out and put it in storage.

One of the finest rmr's one could buy at the time, not sure if that's still true today. But it's useless to me unless I put it on a plinking 22 rifle where time is not of the essence. LOL

·
Registered
908 Posts
Have had one for several years that got used in the 22lr steel plate monthly matches just twice. Went from 3-4th place to 12-14th place using it. Took it off, took the battery out and put it in storage.

One of the finest rmr's one could buy at the time, not sure if that's still true today. But it's useless to me unless I put it on a plinking 22 rifle where time is not of the essence. LOL
When I'm shooting for time, the RMR guns are in the travel case. When precision accuracy is my main goal, one of them is in the holster.

·
Registered
15,012 Posts

The MRDS tech is improving. Check out the latest reticle (ACSS Vulcan) in the Holosun 507C. It has an outer ring that helps you "find" the reticle. It tells you which way to go to find the aiming reticle. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
56,518 Posts
The MRDS tech is improving. Check out the latest reticle (ACSS Vulcan) in the Holosun 507C. It has an outer ring that helps you "find" the reticle. It tells you which way to go to find the aiming reticle. Pretty cool.

It was for an 22lr for matches, I'd never put one of them on a carry gun. I'll stick with 3-4th place using iron's and Quick Kill Pistol. Done with dots/rmr's, thought they'd be faster but they aren't [ for me anyway ].

·
Registered
15,012 Posts
It was for an 22lr for matches, I'd never put one of them on a carry gun. I'll stick with 3-4th place using iron's and Quick Kill Pistol. Done with dots/rmr's, thought they'd be faster but they aren't [ for me anyway ].
Honestly, I'm ambivalent about them. I like them. But, I also like iron sights. For defensive weapons, I think I still lean to iron sights for a couple of reasons I can think of off-hand.

First... There was this wise old man who taught me that I don't even need sights (of any kind!) in most defensive situations! :cool:

Secondly, when it comes to defensive weapons, I think KISS applies. Keep it simple!

That said.... I do enjoy the MRDS optics on a range gun. It's kinda cool. And, they work very well. Furthermore, my aging eyes don't see iron sights well unless I'm wearing my "top focal" bifocal shooting glasses.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I carry a red dot most days, and they aren't faster for me, either.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Research with an understanding of mounting footprints is critical for figuring out optics on milled slides. This is a fairly comprehensive description of what fits what. Lengthy, but worth the read:

According to the chart, it should have worked, however, standards are not. Story of my life, I had a HDMI and needed a display port for the Captain's wall monitor...sigh.
Geoff
Who is a retired computer geek.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts