Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a brain storm/fart.

We have another thread listing no carry zones and we have various threads recommending different recommended reading, including Mr. Gutmacher's book. How about we start one with recommended reading from the various members here?

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Florida Firearms -- Law, Use & Ownership -- Jon H. Gutmacher

·
Registered
10,558 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
"The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker.

Ignore his anti-gun rhetoric...he's a hypocrite, and his security personnel are all well-heeled.

However, the book is an EXCELLENT source on learning to trust your instincts, determine what your instincts are telling you, and looking for 'pre-incident' indicators of violence.

"Protecting the Gift" is another of his books supposely geared towards protecting your children. Don't waste your money. Except for maybe a couple of more examples of violent behavior, it's a complete rehash of his first book.

-JT

·
Registered
3,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Principles of Personal Defense - by Jeff Cooper

And if you order it here from Paladin Press, they pay royalties to the Jeff Cooper Legacy Foundation, run by Cooper's daughter.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tactical Pistol Marksmanship -- Gabe Suarez

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery
by Massad Ayoob.

I may be a bit biased but I really like this book and most of the articles Mr. Ayoob has put pen to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fla. statutes

Oh yea,
I completely agree with Tampa Ssgt. The Fla. Statutes is a must read but a word of advise.......You'd better grab a snickers bar cause 790 is a long one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts