Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a nightstand safe for my handgun. Something that is quick to open ( maybe fingerprint ) and is of course child proof. Also want to secure it to the nightstand.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Yep, gunvault sits in the night stand for me! I have it to where all I have to do is lean over slightly and activate it and grab!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can the Gunvault bolt down to the nightstand and What if the batteries die? How do you open it ?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
There’s usually a covered hole for a key. I had one of the early Gunvaults and it failed, there was a cable, pulley set up that failed. I went with a cheaper Stack On with a keypad. I have had 6 of them for many years and no problems yet. I have two of the bigger ones bolted to the floor and the wall in the bedroom.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Can the Gunvault bolt down to the nightstand and What if the batteries die? How do you open it ?
Yes, it can be bolted down.

There's a key if the battery dies.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Looking to buy a nightstand safe for my handgun. Something that is quick to open ( maybe fingerprint ) and is of course child proof. Also want to secure it to the nightstand.
Do your homework!
Several of these so-called "gun safes" offer little more security than your average paper bag.

The design flaws differ from model-to-model, of course, but this should give you an idea.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAfYOGTbbyU

There's a similar video out there on the Hornady gun "safe", which one would think would be significantly better, but isn't.
Don't even get me started on padlocks... :)

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
^^^This is true. Yet my 19-month-old hasn't defeated one yet!

-on Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts