Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for another 15-18 committed individuals who would be interested in a class with Rick exbluelight this coming MAY in Okeechobee. Experienced and comfortable EDC gun owners as well as those of us that have already taken this class and looking for some review and practice time would be welcome. Mandatory non refundable deposit to register will be required. Any suggestions on asking Rick for a 1 day or 2 day class? Right now my work calendar has me open for every weekend in the month of May. Anyone besides myself looking to meet up for some training and practice? It would be GREAT to see the alumni again. To get some review and skill practice time and to meet some new folks looking to learn these GREAT and essential armed self defense skills.

tentative:
Hornet 1
Edgehill 2
BE777CA 2
CALEB 1
ARTEMIS 2

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Maybe it’s because of this second time around flu I’m fighting but, I don’t understand your post. Are you looking for a group to “practice” or to request another TFT from Rick? Or is Rick putting on another class? I’m lost, please explain ( probably the meds, lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Maybe it’s because of this second time around flu I’m fighting but, I don’t understand your post. Are you looking for a group to “practice” or to request another TFT from Rick? Or is Rick putting on another class? I’m lost, please explain ( probably the meds, lol).

He’s trying to see if there’s enough interest in a TFP class to get Rick to put one on in Okee in May.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

for some a great review and practice. for others that have not taken this class it will be the self defense training they are in need of.
and as Rick said to "See if there’s enough interest in a TFP class to get Rick to put one on in Okee in May. "

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
He’s trying to see if there’s enough interest in a TFP class to get Rick to put one on in Okee in May.

for some a great review and practice. for others that have not taken this class it will be the self defense training they are in need of.
and as Rick said to "See if there’s enough interest in a TFP class to get Rick to put one on in Okee in May. "
Thank you. I wouldn’t mind a refresher.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Or maybe a larger deposit to start......non refundable......but sounds good......im still liking one day classes myself.....

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
POSSIBLE AGENDA if we have sufficient interest Non refundable deposits would be required. Self defense training in a tactical bay with movement. Quality instructors and RSO's that are of such high quality are not easy to come by! Let us not let this opportunity slip by us. If interest is sufficient we can work with Rick and OSS to find a proper Saturday or Sunday.

Requirements: Eye and ear protection; up to 800 rounds of ammo if you shoot a high cap pistol or up to 600 rounds for single stack firearms; as many mags/speed loaders as you have; a belt, holster and an open mind.

Course description of skills covered:
1. Range and Gun Safety
2. WW2 ½ hip-Elbow Up/Elbow Down: [EU/ED]
3. WW2 ¾ hip-hand/eye coordination with and without movement
4. WW2 Point Shoulder
5. Zipper
6. Bump-2 body and 1 head shot from the hip at 4-6 feet from the holster:
7. EU/ED with movement

A well made strong side holster and sturdy belt will be required for this course. Use of an IWB holster must be approved by the instructor. We will be drawing from the holster 90% of the time all weekend. A holster will allow the students be able to re-holster an unloaded firearm and be safe once off the firing line while reloading mags/speed loaders without having to handle the firearm until returning to the line. No BH Serpa holsters on the range that weekend.

These skills are reactionary in nature, similar to having to draw from the holster out on the streets if one needs to defend themselves. I understand some may use a cross draw holster, or fanny pack, or perhaps pocket carry presently, but once students have completed the course, I believe they'll find the benefit of a good strong side outside or inside the waistband holster with their future carry requirements.

Kydex or leather is acceptable. I use both in classes and either will suffice equally with the skills covered.

Any questions about the course, the materials listed we'll cover, etc don't hesitate to ask. Look forward to meeting new and prior students.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
We are not only capable RSO’s we are quality RSO’s.......:grin

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At the half way mark for tenative enrollments

tentative:
Hornet 1
Edgehill 2
BE777CA 2
CALEB 1
ARTEMIS 2

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
As long as it's on either 2nd, 9th, or 16th May weekends I can RSO, it the remaining weekends in May I'll be on duty and unavailable to RO, u less of course the schiznit hits the fan and the event I'm on duty for is cancelled.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts