Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time dog was going crazy sniffing something under the shed. Flashlight and pellet pistol in hand I got down to look and sure enough there he was.
POP!!
Had to hold flashlight alongside gun to light up area and front sight. Good to be able to do this. Not every shot you’ll take in life could be standing prone like you’re static on an indoor range. Not much more than 5yds but I’m happy.

Flower Plant Atmosphere Cloud Rectangle

Leg Plant Flash photography Road surface Sunlight
Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire Revolver Wood
Air gun Trigger Asphalt Machine gun Shotgun

This is kind of a unique pellet pistol. It’s a British made Beeman/Webley break barrel .177. Single cock single shot. Pushes them to about 500fps and it super accurate. I’ve had this thing for almost 30yrs.
Still works!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Many years ago, there was a small mouse that would sometimes hang out behind the clothes dryer out in the garage.

Herbie (my mini-dachshund at the time) knew that mouse was there, and even got close to catching it a time or two.
Anyway he somehow got himself programmed to haul-ass out to the laundry room the instant he heard me pull the lint basket out for cleaning.
He could be clear across the house, but he'd come running his little heart out to get there.

Mind you, I had caught and released that mouse probably two years prior. :)

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Facebook page of a couple of guys that do this for fun with air rifles and thermal scopes.

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
688 Posts
My first experiences at killing stuff occurred at age five, in the hog barn with Grandpa Harry, and involved rats at the south end of the air rifle.

Good memories...

·
Registered
21,479 Posts
My red Ryder is my yard enforcement tool...my next door neighbor has given me permission to dispatch on their property also...nailed an iguana under their shrub the other day...

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not only a pest, but a menace, and an invasive species wreaking havoc on the local ecosystem!
The government encourages the humane dispatch of these creatures.
And yet even though my backyard and lake is overrun with them I still can’t bring myself to shoot one? 🥺

·
Registered
688 Posts
Not only a pest, but a menace, and an invasive species wreaking havoc on the local ecosystem!
I did not know. Did people buy them as pets and then turn them loose? I know pythons have been having their way in the Everglades.

·
Registered
21,479 Posts
You shoot iguanas? Are they considered pests?
see below...

a carefully placed shot right in the back of the head is quick, easy and effective...rifle quick kill is king...

And yet even though my backyard and lake is overrun with them I still can’t bring myself to shoot one? 🥺
we have had them bust into soffits and attics in our neighborhood...

·
Super Moderator
31,020 Posts
It was eight degrees here when I got up this morning. Not an iguana or python in sight...
Different story in Southeast and Southwest Florida. We had a big freeze a few years ago that tamped down the population a bit, at least for a little while, but they're all over the place here these days!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts