Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Concealed Carry License that I have for years. This sounds like a stupid question but is it a license like a driver's license. I mean can I upgrade it. If I have a basic license, can I upgrade it? If yes, How? If no, I gave y'all a good laugh. 馃榿馃榿馃榿

Registered
What would you like to upgrade it to?

Registered
There are different licenses that accomplish what you're talking about, but I am not well versed enough on the subject to give you advice or information on the process. I did a quick Google search for "Class G" because I vaguely remember it being a license that effectively removes the restricted areas outlined in our CWL licenses, but i'll let you do the digging on FDACS' website. =)

Super Moderator
There are different licenses that accomplish what you're talking about, but I am not well versed enough on the subject to give you advice or information on the process. I did a quick Google search for "Class G" because I vaguely remember it being a license that effectively removes the restricted areas outlined in our CWL licenses, but i'll let you do the digging on FDACS' website. =)

Class G and Class D are for security guards. BrianB knows more of that law but as I recall the restricted areas that are removed by the Class G only apply if you are on duty, not just as a general exception. If I鈥檓 wrong Brian will be along to correct me.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9

I thank you for giving me a start point. Again thank you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Class G and Class D are for security guards. BrianB knows more of that law but as I recall the restricted areas that are removed by the Class G only apply if you are on duty, not just as a general exception. If I鈥檓 wrong Brian will be along to correct me.
I thank you sir. Always wanted an answer but never got an answer. Glad I can get a straight answer here. Thanks again

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I did not think you wanted private detective or security I stand corrected.
Nah. We are cool. I have a CDL license and thought my conceal license could be upgrade to something like secret service level. I see things like that don't exist. I started a new business and starting to carry cash to bank. Want to make sure I'm covered if anything happens.

Super Moderator
What edgehill wrote is correct. If you're not working as an armed Security Guard, Private Investigator, etc. the other classes of Florida Firearms Licenses don't really apply to regular citizens carrying a firearm for SD. 馃

Reactions: Algina

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
What edgehill wrote is correct. If you're not working as an armed Security Guard, Private Investigator, etc. the other classes of Florida Firearms Licenses don't really apply to regular citizens carrying a firearm for SD. 馃
Thank you sir.

Registered
Forward me your resume and I鈥檒l see 鈥淢鈥 takes a look at it. :p

Registered
I have a Concealed Carry License that I have for years. This sounds like a stupid question but is it a license like a driver's license. I mean can I upgrade it. If I have a basic license, can I upgrade it? If yes, How? If no, I gave y'all a good laugh. 馃榿馃榿馃榿
It's not quite the same but as I remember in Texas if you shot the CCW course with a revolver the license said something different than if you shot with a semi-auto.

Super Moderator
It's not quite the same but as I remember in Texas if you shot the CCW course with a revolver the license said something different than if you shot with a semi-auto.
That's true in some states that the applicant must "qualify" through a course of fire with a pistol, a revolver, or both to get a permit (e.g., it is that way in MD), but not so in Florida. All that is required in Florida is to safely handle and discharge a firearm [s. 790.06(2)(h) doesn't even specify handgun] that included "live fire using a firearm and ammunition as defined in s. 790.001." 馃

Reactions: Algina
1 - 20 of 22 Posts