Florida Concealed Carry banner

Question on CCW application Brooksville Florida

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Earl 007 
#1 ·
Feb.24 2020 I went to Brooksville courthouse for my CCW,I gave them my DD214 form and filled out the app.They took my fingerprints,photo and copied my DD214 and sent it in. It is now March 24th and no answer,tracking says received my app and is being processed. I talked today to FDA and they took my tracking # and said it was currently being processed and it was currently in the verification Dept. because the info they received had to be reviewed and verified,and if they had questions they would contact me. Does this sound like a normal process. Hey guys I'm new at this stuff.

#2 · (Edited)
Seems a bit slower for a Veteran's application than before the CORVID-19 issue came on the scene. Now, based on recent reporting by FloridaCarry.org, it may be taking much longer. See this thread.:dunno

#4 ·
"Verification" means you get to wait.
In my case, it meant they reached out to FLDE for some horse**** that didn't amount to anything (since they had the wrong person the whole time).
My advice is to call every week and keep on it. This week and next being exceptions, since they are closed and/or on reduced staff and will be delayed anyway.

#5 ·
Yes. I called today and they said it is being processed no snags, if there were any snags they would contact me by mail for more info.
I know I do not have any thing that would cause denial of the permit.
Also said virus might slow things down a little,but they are processing permits and see no kind of closing down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.