Florida Concealed Carry banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
There is absolutely nothing "Saintly" about one making such a statement about themselves. :unsure:
Are you so far out of it that you can't see a BIG JOKE????

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
No,I won't prove your point. If you can't prove a point.......do not make it!!!!!!
Asking for an answer;a really TERRIBLE thing.
I'll abey your post for a bit of time and see if you ever respond.
Hey JBS; Just checking in to see if you have proven you contentions.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
This entire "at the discretion of the business" is going to cause more and more problems between customers. Masks NOT required....the end!!!!! People can wear the damn things if they wish, but it should be made perfectly clear it at the discretion of the individual!!!!

And further more....There needs to be a clear cut policy stating if a person can not comply with the above rule and continues to bother customers that do not wear a mask they will be asked to leave!!! It will never happen I know, but that is what should be in place!

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
lol...i was watching a county commisioners meeting the other day on television...a particular board member said something as my wife walked through the room...she looked at me and said "there's your buddy" and this thread came to mind...

i suffered a cerebral hemorage a few years back that left some interesting ticks behind...one of them is a hypersensitivity to touch...a trickle of sweat running down my back under the right circumstances can be nightmarish...

this particular county commissioner was a customer of mine at a dealership i managed...one day he walked up behind me seated in the service reception area and placed his ice cold hands under the collar of my shirt on my neck and squeezed...my body almost convulsed at the feeling and i struggled to ask him to please remove his hands from my neck...he squeezed harder...i very firmly told him to let go immediately...he squeezed harder...it was unbearable to me...

i turned in the seat and sent my hands in a prayer up between his wrists and stood suddenly, breaking his grip...i grabbed him by the neck and placed my open palm a short distance from his nose while i stared coldly into his eyes...i swear he may have peed his pants...

i explained to him that i had a hypersensitivity to touch and that as a politician of all things he should know better than to continue to touch someone when they have asked then demanded he did not...he was shaking in my hand...i released him and told him to find a chair and sit down...he tried to apologize several times explaining that he does it to his nieces and nephews for fun...i told him it wasnt fun for me and i went easy on him...

every time he came in after that he apologized...i never liked him and it just made how i felt about him worse...the service writer present when it happened said he swore i was going to take his life right in front of him when he saw how fast i moved and where my hands went...i just told him it isnt nice to do anything against someone's will and i hoped the gentleman understood that now...i'm pretty sure he did...

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My issue with the mask mandate (albeit a petty one) is that I see businesses and restaurants keeping their COVID mask signage on display, but then supplementing it with a much smaller format statement that masks are only required if you're not vaccinated. It's like mouseprint - which is probably why it bugs me. :confused:

And I guess I can accept and understand that some establishments (Publix, and the restaurant we went to for lunch today) want to virtue-signal, and maybe, get their money's worth out of all those COVID signs. But at some point, they're not advancing any sort of return to normalcy.

Not by any devious design (at least I don't think so), but probably more of a fear-based reaction at the off-chance they'll go viral being on the wrong side of paying customers.
It's not an enviable position to be in.
But I think if I owned a store that was open to the public, and the CDC says masks aren't required, I'd adopt an approach other than mouseprint to get that message across at the front door.

·
Registered
55,193 Posts
My issue with the mask mandate (albeit a petty one) is that I see businesses and restaurants keeping their COVID mask signage on display, but then supplementing it with a much smaller format statement that masks are only required if you're not vaccinated. It's like mouseprint - which is probably why it bugs me. :confused:

And I guess I can accept and understand that some establishments (Publix, and the restaurant we went to for lunch today) want to virtue-signal, and maybe, get their money's worth out of all those COVID signs. But at some point, they're not advancing any sort of return to normalcy.

Not by any devious design (at least I don't think so), but probably more of a fear-based reaction at the off-chance they'll go viral being on the wrong side of paying customers.
It's not an enviable position to be in.
But I think if I owned a store that was open to the public, and the CDC says masks aren't required, I'd adopt an approach other than mouseprint to get that message across at the front door.
We have a sign on the shop front door, REMOVE masks, you're entering a gun store. LOL

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
For what it's worth, I took my wife to a Publix yesterday and it was almost like old times. We entered without masks. I sat in the snack area as usual while she shopped. About 25% of the people in the store were maskless. We're at least moving toward normal.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Over the last few weeks, I’ve noticed fewer and fewer masked folk myself. I’d say my local Walmart....maybe 20% masked vs. unmasked. Even many associates are unmasked.

We went out the other night to Chili’s and only the waitstaff was masked. Maybe a couple patrons wearing masks at most.

Now, my local grocery still requires masks. Fortunately, that’s a trip I make only twice a month.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Over the last few weeks, I’ve noticed fewer and fewer masked folk myself. I’d say my local Walmart....maybe 20% masked vs. unmasked. Even many associates are unmasked.

We went out the other night to Chili’s and only the waitstaff was masked. Maybe a couple patrons wearing masks at most.

Now, my local grocery still requires masks. Fortunately, that’s a trip I make only twice a month.
Same here, as I can get Wally World to deliver my groceries. I only go when I have to buy special things like fresh meat/fish/veggies, etc.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Same here, as I can get Wally World to deliver my groceries. I only go when I have to buy special things like fresh meat/fish/veggies, etc.
Even our grocery store (Kroger) will do the delivery or bring it out to your car. I’m just very picky with certain things. I‘m one of those jerk shoppers stores hate that digs to the back and get the newest milk or meats. I don’t trust the store employees. I imagine they’re trained to grab the oldest date.

And we won’t buy ANYTHING from Walmart with a short shelf life. Produce, meats, dairy, anything perishable like that. I’m even real diligent about check the date on something like peanut butter. I’ve seen way too many expired products on a Walmart shelf. Walmart is for toilet paper, cat food and stuff that doesn’t expire anytime soon. And we do our pharmacy there. But even those clowns need to be watched.

·
Registered
15,269 Posts
I haven't been to Ghettomart since they started their virtue signaling on handgun amd rifle ammo. Scroom

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I haven't been to Ghettomart since they started their virtue signaling on handgun amd rifle ammo. Scroom
I understand the thought. And even agree for the most part. However, unfortunately Wally world has the lowest price. Particularly on necessary supplies such as paper products, cleaning and laundry etc. I refuse to shoot myself in the proverbial foot by spending more elsewhere because a store has a policy I dislike. If I avoided any establishment fostering a value a oppose, I’d have nowhere to go. My money is more valuable to me than their stupid view.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I stopped going there too. I found it very concerning with their actions regarding firearms sales. More importantly, the place kind of gives my wife the creeps. I tend to agree, if I had to pick one place where we might be most likely to be shot at/robbed in the parking lot or have to shoot someone in self defense, it would be a Walmart.

·
Super Moderator
29,671 Posts
Same here. Also, there used to be a website or FaceFart page dedicated to "Walmartians" and when you look at that site, all I can say is, "DAMN, where in the Hell do these people come from?" :eek:

Reactions: Riverpigusmc

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
I haven't seen a “mask required to enter” sign anywhere except Dr’s. offices in the last couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I stopped going there too. I found it very concerning with their actions regarding firearms sales. More importantly, the place kind of gives my wife the creeps. I tend to agree, if I had to pick one place where we might be most likely to be shot at/robbed in the parking lot or have to shoot someone in self defense, it would be a Walmart.

·
Super Moderator
29,671 Posts
Sounds like the system worked correctly and a felon already on probation was intercepted before he could commit his specific threat. :unsure:

·
Registered
659 Posts
No,I won't prove your point. If you can't prove a point.......do not make it!!!!!!
Asking for an answer;a really TERRIBLE thing.
I'll abey your post for a bit of time and see if you ever respond.
Hey JBS; Just checking in to see if you have proven you contentions.
Here fish. I did your homework again.
This is a link to the thousand or so emails that were FOIA received concerning Fauchi and his actions. If you trust his advice, you're not only a fool, but on his list for extermination.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts