Florida Concealed Carry banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Not necessarily good advice. I would say "avoid and don't escalate, but never ignore!" These days, ignore fools at your peril because one never knows when their "crazy" will come out!
Basically don’t ignore them, but don’t engage with them in my opinion.

·
Registered
20,754 Posts
Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
55,193 Posts
Basically don’t ignore them, but don’t engage with them in my opinion.
It's one or the other in my world. I usually have something to say, my on the fly sarcastic adlibbing skills are well honed from decades working the streets.

I've always like this response to asshats makming comments like this guy did at the counter.

"I fail to care", that usually gets the ball rolling lol

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Don't take my fun away....
It's one or the other in my world. I usually have something to say, my on the fly sarcastic adlibbing skills are well honed from decades working the streets.

I've always like this response to asshats makming comments like this guy did at the counter.

Oh don’t get me wrong. My first thought is the same. I truly love screwing with entitled morons.

My problem is, once I open my mouth and get started, I have a habit of being unable to stop. I just don’t have time or patience for that 🤬 anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Oh don’t get me wrong. My first thought is the same. I truly love screwing with entitled morons.

My problem is, once I open my mouth and get started, I have a habit of being unable to stop. I just don’t have time or patience for that 🤬 anymore.
I plead guilty.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I would say "avoid and don't escalate, but never ignore!" These days, ignore fools at your peril because one never knows when their "crazy" will come out!
Good point. I said I would "ignore" him, but I did not really mean that in the sense of paying no attention at all. More like, I would not say anything to him, but I would certainly remain aware of what he was doing, and be prepared to respond if he chose to take it beyond making stupid statements.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
That isn't true at all for people that have other health problems. I'm fully vaccinated and still wear a mask when I go out. I have a suppressed immune system and even with the antibodies I have a good chance of very dying If I get it due to the suppression. So don't group all of us together as virtue signaling.
Hey, I'm just going by what the Director of Epidemiology at UF Health said...I didn't pull that out of my ass.

·
Registered
20,754 Posts

Mine is "if there is anything in what I've said or done that leaves you with the idea I care, I apologize for misleading you"...

·
Registered
15,269 Posts
I hate to sound like I don't care..but..I don't care

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
13,858 Posts
Ever meet a guy you should have not f*cked with? Well, I am one of those guys.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Super Moderator
29,671 Posts
"Oh look at the time. My watch says half past I don't give a sh*t!"

Reactions: artemis and brownie

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Dad was a house painter, Mom was an ex army nurse and the enforcer with a super quick wit. One of Dad’s drunks was wanting money for bail or something, Mom refused. He called her a bad name of some sort, Dad was gone, I was seven.

Mom told the guy “ When you get home I hope your Mother comes out from under the porch and bites you” It took me a few years to get it.

·
Registered
20,754 Posts
Similar thing happened to me up here in SC.
A guy with a woman about my age. I ignored him, he touched my arm. I told him if he touches me again that Covid would be the easier, less painful route to Heaven for him.
They walked away.
lol...one of my favorites..."reach in or touch me again and you will pull back a bloody stump."...a coworker was trying to lecture me once and continually poked me in the chest with his index finger...i asked him politely to stop...nope...i reached up, grabbed it and bent it backwards, taking him to his knees..."let me know when youre done, because i am far from it and would like to see where you want this to go."...end of conversation...

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
lol...one of my favorites..."reach in or touch me again and you will pull back a bloody stump."...a coworker was trying to lecture me once and continually poked me in the chest with his index finger...i asked him politely to stop...nope...i reached up, grabbed it and bent it backwards, taking him to his knees..."let me know when youre done, because i am far from it and would like to see where you want this to go."...end of conversation...
I’ve had the “three foot rule” for decades. Anybody with just a hint of anger or sarcasm gets inside that circle, my attitude goes dark.
Girls with large, or even not large, breasts are always allowed inside the circle to rub up against me. Even if they are angry. The girls, I mean.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I too make exception for the proximity rule. At my age, however, I’m not finding many Girls interested in getting that close.

·
Registered
55,193 Posts
I’ve had the “three foot rule” for decades. Anybody with just a hint of anger or sarcasm gets inside that circle, my attitude goes dark.
Girls with large, or even not large, breasts are always allowed inside the circle to rub up against me. Even if they are angry. The girls, I mean.
That's what's been known as the "inner circle" in exec protection details. No one other than those on the detail are allowed within it.

·
Registered
20,754 Posts
Brownie

When I was doing it we called it the “cone of silence” because we were all Maxwell Smart fans.
I remember it as the pot belly stove...get to close and you're liable to get burned...

101 - 120 of 143 Posts