1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
It is reported on Fox News, but not on CNN. I did not find it on any other Main Stream News outlet. . . small but telling example how journalism is dead. . . the Fourth Estate no longer serves the Republic; today's journalists are nothing but shills for political movements (left and right). . . , when citizens can no longer rely on a free and independent (free from bias) press, our system of government breaks down. We become easy pickings for hustlers, scoundrels and demagogues.

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
There's a chance the perps knew the victims, which leads one to wonder "What's the back story?"

But, yeah... Nobody "needs" an AR-15, until they NEED one.

·
Super Moderator
26,077 Posts
It is reported on Fox News, but not on CNN. I did not find it on any other Main Stream News outlet. . . small but telling example how journalism is dead. . . the Fourth Estate no longer serves the Republic; today's journalists are nothing but shills for political movements (left and right). . . , when citizens can no longer rely on a free and independent (free from bias) press, our system of government breaks down. We become easy pickings for hustlers, scoundrels and demagogues.
True dat! Been highlighting this concept for a few years now. :doh

There's a chance the perps knew the victims, which leads one to wonder "What's the back story?"

Yup, curious about the potential backstory, but the AR style rifle has done a lot of good for defense of self and others. The other recent, very public example is the Texas church shooting, which the criminal shooter was stopped by a good guy with his own AR! There are lots of other examples. :rifle

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

Obviously not well enough to know the mama bear could shoot and take care of her own. :thumsup

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
The AR15 has absolutely no legitimate purpose. Until it does. :)

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
GOOD,
Justice was half served.
She should have killed them both and JUSTICE WOULD HAVE BEEN FULLY SERVED.
Ronnie

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Does this mean I need an AR rifle to defend the castle? I hope not, I don't own one.
Thank you Brownie because there is nobody that really needs a Military, Fully Semi-automatic assault weapon of war'
YEP, Nobody needs one
BUT
A person does not need to own one,
All they have to do is WANT to own ONE or more.
:rofl
Ronnie

·
Registered
54,243 Posts
Thank you Brownie because there is nobody that really needs a Military, Fully Semi-automatic assault weapon of war'
YEP, Nobody needs one
BUT
A person does not need to own one,
All they have to do is WANT to own ONE or more.
:rofl
Ronnie
Thank goodness, for a minute there I thought I might have been left helpless without one where home defense is concerned all these decades. :rofl

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Does this mean I need an AR rifle to defend the castle? I hope not, I don't own one.
You don't need one, but for some people it may be the ideal choice. It's a lot easier to wield an AR15 effectively than it is to wield a pistol effectively. Especially for smaller, less well-trained people.

·
Registered
54,243 Posts
You don't need one, but for some people it may be the ideal choice. It's a lot easier to wield an AR15 effectively than it is to wield a pistol effectively. Especially for smaller, less well-trained people.
A pistol will always be easier to "wield" in tight spaces/confines of a home than a 30"+ ar, no matter the skills level of the user. Now easier to hit with than a pistol may be a different story for many people.

If she'd used an m14/m1a or m1 carbine, would the consensus be the same as has been expressed here? Everyone needs an m14/m1a or m1 carbine? I find it all so amusing those who champion the ar being used as a reason for owning one based on this example.

I'd proffer that a long gun is much harder to wield properly inside the confines of a home than a pistol. That's based on two week long entry courses using both subguns and pistols.

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
If she'd used an m14/m1a or m1 carbine, would the consensus be the same as has been expressed here? Everyone needs an m14/m1a or m1 carbine? I find it all so amusing those who champion the ar being used as a reason for owning one based on this example..
I don't think anyone (here) is championing the AR-15 as "ideal" for home defense based on this incident.

Rather, we are mocking the anti-gun faction that INSISTS that the AR-15 is "NOT SUITABLE" for home defense (or anything else but WAR).

It is certainly suitable. As for "ideal"..... Too many factors involved. No such thing as "ideal" for everyone. But, I generally agree with your opinion on home defense tools.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts