Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, let's try this again... I'm looking for a firearm, pistol or rifle, which may not be available, after this year, should HRC win in November..

AR's & AK's already part of the collection.. Any suggestions? $2K max investment...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Kel-Tec PMR 30, FNH 5.7, AR 5.7, Trevor... :thumsup

·
Super Moderator
3,101 Posts
Obviously, there are lots of choices. I am not sure if you have one, but the M1 Carbine is such a nice addition.

·
Super Moderator
26,033 Posts
Do you have a Garand?
Based on my experience up in the DPRofMD, if one didn't already have one, for an "pre-election investment gun" perhaps an M1A would be a higher priority than the M1 Garand since the gun grabbers tend to go after magazine fed guns more. The M1A became a banned firearm in the DPRofMD since Martin O'Malley's "Firearms Safety Act" became law on 1 October 2013.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Anything in .50 caliber?
Not sure how much investment grade $2,000 buys though.

You could get the S&W model 500 handgun.
Or maybe the Magnum Research Desert Eagle.

I'm thinking the beauty of a .50-cal investment gun is you don't actually have to shoot it.
Thereby, capping the budget for pain relievers and/or arthritis medications.

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
She might limit them to 5 or 7.
"She" cannot do that. It would take an act of Congress. Now, it is possible that Congress would go along with her on such a thing, but the President does not get to just change laws whenever he/she wants to.

As a good example, look at what happened when Obama announced that since Congress was not passing the gun control that he wanted, he was going to do it himself. Lots of fanfare, yet another photo-op, signed a few executive orders, and in the end very little actually changed.

Without the cooperation of Congress, there is not that much that the president can do all by himself/herself. Who controls Congress is WAAAAY more important than who sits in the White House.

·
Super Moderator
26,033 Posts
Another suggestion might be an X95 Tavor, which I think is what CZFAN meant in post #3.

·
Registered
15,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
An SA M1a in s/s loaded config with arms mounts for dual purpose roles of battle rifle or sniper rifle.
How will this be as an investment? A 'marked' piece for the future or one which will be left alone?

Another suggestion might be an X95 Tavor, which I think is what CZFAN meant in post #3.

I was out looking at them today. Didn't do anything for me. But I did see a half dozen or so 1911's in that price range..:smack

·
Registered
54,224 Posts
How will this be as an investment? A 'marked' piece for the future or one which will be left alone?

I was out looking at them today. Didn't do anything for me. But I did see a half dozen or so 1911's in that price range..:smack

Before they get on the ban list. ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts