Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the miami area, does anybody know of a range that would let me practicing drawing from a holster and shooting at a target? This info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
174 Posts
For those in the miami area, does anybody know of a range that would let me practicing drawing from a holster and shooting at a target? This info would be greatly appreciated!
Try this link. It is for the "international defensive pistol association", or IDPA.
They have a club in miami area where they teach you to draw your carry weapon under various conditions and obstacles. "http://www.idpa.com/" .

O Yea, welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
I don't know of any ranges that allow drawing from a holster other than during a match, but you can perfect your draw stroke just as easily at home by drawing and dry firing. I know, it's not as much fun as actually being able to fire the gun after drawing, but it works.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I don't know of any ranges that allow drawing from a holster other than during a match, but you can perfect your draw stroke just as easily at home by drawing and dry firing. I know, it's not as much fun as actually being able to fire the gun after drawing, but it works.
+1 on drawing and dry firing at home. Just double check and make sure that the magazine and chamber is empty. Also you would be suprised how clothing can affect a smooth and quick draw.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
I recently went to the Pembroke Gun and Range. Not technically in Miami but probably close enough. They do let you practice drawing. Hope it helps. This is their web site.

http://www.pembrokegunrange.com/
That was the first place I ever fired a gun...in 1976. :D

The Boating Defense Class sounds interesting.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
I practice drawing with snap caps,Always keep another close by in case of an unexpected surpise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts