Florida Concealed Carry banner

Will Palin's selection as McCain's running mate attract Hillary Clinton supporters?

• Yes

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 15.4%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the selection of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to be John McCain's running mate attract the disgruntled Hillary Clinton supporters?

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
I believe quite a few. Of course the hard left ideologues will gravitate to Obama, but there will be many that find her quite appealing.

I think his choice was a good one, and I found her speech today to be moving, exciting and very strong. I look forward to hear more from her, but I like what I have heard and seen so far.

The only "change" Obama and his fellow Democrats want, and wish to offer us is themselves in power.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
In a word Yes.

I think his choice was a good one, and I found her speech today to be moving, exciting and very strong. I look forward to hear more from her, but I like what I have heard and seen so far.
And she did not have to promise me a government check as others do.

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
+1 I think that she will be a very appealing candidate that will resonate well with all Americans, and in particular, women.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Palin

When we look at the voting history in the U.S., we find that 33% are liberal, 33% are conservative, and 33% are somewhere in the middle.

I can't believe that Palin would appeal to liberals, however, she definitely will appeal to conservatives. The ultimate question will be if she appeals to the middle ground. I believe she will overwhelming appeal to the middle ground voters because of her determination to "do the right thing".

Obama and Biden can lie all they want, but there is a history about them that cannot be hidden. What is needed is a candidate that people will listen to so that Obama-Biden can be exposed for the frauds they are. I simply turn the radio/TV off when Obama-Biden come on, so there is no chance that I will ever listen to anything they say. I will listen to Palin. Listened all day today - so did my wife.

:thumsup:thumsup:thumsup

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can't believe that Palin would appeal to liberals, however, she definitely will appeal to conservatives. The ultimate question will be if she appeals to the middle ground. I believe she will overwhelming appeal to the middle ground voters because of her determination to "do the right thing".

+1 Couldn't have said it better.

I personally like the pick.

13 years in public office, fighting corruption within her own party and without (hear that Obammy?), fiscally conservative, doesn't hang out with racists, terrorists or get earmarks for felons, only person on either ticket to run a city / state economy, pro life, pro 2a, has a history of lowering taxes while cutting wasteful spending.

Personally applaud her and her husband for not aborting a baby they knew would be born with down syndrome.

I like her better than Mc Cain

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
When we look at the voting history in the U.S., we find that 33% are liberal, 33% are conservative, and 33% are somewhere in the middle.

Obama and Biden can lie all they want, but there is a history about them that cannot be hidden. What is needed is a candidate that people will listen to so that Obama-Biden can be exposed for the frauds they are. I simply turn the radio/TV off when Obama-Biden come on, so there is no chance that I will ever listen to anything they say. I will listen to Palin. Listened all day today - so did my wife.

+1 Excellent analysis RH! I find myself in the same situation where it is impossible to listen to them, or any of their ilk with their lies, exaggerations, carping on our president and undermining his effectiveness and our international efforts, and generally giving aid and comfort to our biggest enemies around the world. (Wasn't this a crime at one time in our country?)

Although I grew up a Democrat, I will never forgive the Democrat Party for undermining our President and war effort during a time of war. Unforgivable and reprehensible!

I just officially registered as a Republican for the first time in my life, even though I have been voting Republican since Ronald Reagan.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I could care less about the left wing wacko's. She has already energised the Republican base and now some of these old gals/guys will get off their duff and vote. That's the main thing. :dancingbanana

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
She certainly is appealing.
:D
She is a Hottie :D

I like her better than Mc Cain
If Mc Cain/ Palin gets into office and Palin gains experience over the next four years in the White House, with her solid conservatism she could be unstoppable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
She is a Hottie :D

If Mc Cain/ Palin gets into office and Palin gains experience over the next four years in the White House, with her solid conservatism she could be unstoppable.
Ah, geez, don't post images like that! Someone (lib's) might think it is real and use it against Gov. Palin!

:laughing

Oh, and someone with SOLID conservative values would be a welcome change!

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only "change" Obama and his fellow Democrats want, and wish to offer us is themselves in power.
On this note we will have to agree to disagree. but that is what makes our country great.

As far as McCain's selection, GREAT tactical maneuver if I do say so myself. I was discussing this today with my mother and she doesnt feel that women will gravitate toward her. My worry is that they will. I say worry because I despise McCains views on many issues. We dont need another 4 years of Bush politics.

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Yes DS, that's what makes this a great place. We can all have our views and even disagree in a civil manner. It will be a long three months of intensive campaigning. I believe that the debates will be the next really important juncture. Obviously the hardcore Dems and Repubs have already made up their mind, but it will be the independent voters that will swing this election one way or another, IMHO.

Yes FloridaCC, that is a picture that is very flattering and appealing, probably taken a few years back.

I was very pleased with how she presented herself the other day in Ohio, and I look forward to see her be a strong advocate for a McCain presidency.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am an independent voter myself. I have made up my mind already, but I really think that the Billary supporters are disgruntled enough to vote McCain JUST because of his running mate.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
On this note we will have to agree to disagree. but that is what makes our country great.

As far as McCain's selection, GREAT tactical maneuver if I do say so myself. I was discussing this today with my mother and she doesnt feel that women will gravitate toward her. My worry is that they will. I say worry because I despise McCains views on many issues. We dont need another 4 years of Bush politics.

I'm sorry, but I have got to ask you a question ... why are you here on this board?

If you are a supporter of the Second Amendment, and believe that it is a right of the "INDIVIDUAL" and not the "STATE" to keep and bear arms, then there is NO WAY you can say you will vote for and support Barack Obama.

There is simply NO WAY you can say that Obama would be a better choice than McCain if you believe in the Second Amendment. I do not know what your reply is going to be to this, but whatever it will be, I cannot believe it.

Here you are on a Florida Concealed Carry website, which Obama has stated he is opposed to concealed carry and will attempt to make concealed carry illegal, and you are telling us that you can't vote for McCain because we do not need another four years of George Bush.

Hey .... NEWS FLASH, Bush is NOT running for re-election. If you despise McCain so badly, then you must be a DU Troll, so cut out the crap, and admit that you are a DU troll and lets get the cards out on the table.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
http://townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2008/04/03/obama_comes_out_against_concealed_carry

04/03/2008

Obama Comes Out Against Concealed Carry

Barack Obama is embracing anti-gun policies in the run-up to a Democratic presidential debate scheduled on the one-year anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings.

“I am not in favor of concealed weapons,” Obama told the Pittsburgh Tribune. “I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

These remarks break from Obama’s previous moderate rhetoric on gun control.

While campaigning in Idaho in February, Obama promised, “I have no intention of taking away folks’ guns.”

Obama elaborated later that month in a political forum sponsored by ABC News and the Politico. He said: “I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respects the Second Amendment and people's traditions."

Obama’s tough talk on gun control may be prompted by Philadelphia-based Democratic leaders who are pressuring Clinton and Obama to adopt harder stances on gun control. This issue is expected to come up in ABC News’ Democratic debate on April 16 in Philadelphia. 32 people were shot to death on the campus of Virginia Tech by Seung-Hui Cho April 16, 2007.

Obama’s new hardline liberal position differs from his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton and GOP candidate John McCain, who both are for concealed-carry.

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) said in a statement Obama should apologize and revise his stance. “Barack Obama ignorantly believes that legally-armed Americans are as reckless and irresponsible as the criminals with whom his political sympathies evidently law,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “He has been insisting for months he supports the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, but here he is now campaigning in Pennsylvania, stating essentially he would prefers Americans not exercise that right.”

[Editor's note: Clinton has never gone on record supporting concealed carry. It is more correct to say Clinton has not opposed concealed carry laws.]
So you tell me how ANYONE can get on here at the FLORIDA CONCEALED CARRY FORUM and tell US he is going to vote FOR Barack Obama, because he doesn't want to see another four years of George Bush.

Bullshit, I smell a DU Troll RAT.............

1 - 20 of 46 Posts