Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just vote yes or no. Maybe this will give a clear indication of what the posters want. If the admins ignore it then they show their true colors. I tried but couldn't find a poll thread.

Do you want all forums open and displayed equally with the exception of coliseum moved threads that come from any subforum that has gone bad.

Yes/No

I vote Yes

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
The problem with a poll like this is that you won't get responses from the nearly hundred people who have contacted the mods on their way out about the non gun posts becoming more prevalent than gun posts.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
I have no problem with things the way they are now. I start by hitting "New Posts" and once I'm done with all that if I want to see if there is anything in the other sub-forums that interests me I hit "Active Topics". Now that I know to do that it's working fine for me.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
So much for just a vote. Well this is a vote by people HERE NOW!
Edge, Brian, you guys didn't actually vote yes or no.
I guess I'll vote "meh". It annoyed me quite a bit until I found out about "Active Topics". Now I don't really care. If having it the way it is keeps us from losing valuable contributors, yet we can still yammer about the off topic stuff without that much extra hassle (is it really a big deal to click "Active Topics" instead of "New Posts"?) then all good by me.

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
I haven't noticed the absence of "nearly a hundred people" who claim to have left. They must not have participated much. Seems like there's only a dozen or two regular posters.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I am a member of several "gun forums," and NONE OF THEM talk about guns the majority of the time. Maybe there should be a section that is "Gun Discussions Only." Honestly, though, if only discussion about guns were allowed, none of the gun forums would be worth my time.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
It might be nice to know what the differences are between "Today's Posts" and "Active Posts".
On some level, they're both going to be ranked x-number of posts per unit time, with "Today's" displaying regardless.

What I would like to see is FCC remove the viglink redirect altogether.
Mostly, it just delays the process of visiting links, but every now and then, you'll actually get redirected and think WTF?
First time it happened (here), I thought my browser was doing it. Spent a good half-hour convincing myself otherwise.
I understand if the FCC board makes revenue off the redirects (It's not like I've ponied-up money for a membership...)
So in that regard, by using the board, I accept the tradeoffs. Forums treated equally or otherwise..

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Why do we care about people who aren't here any more?
I for one do. When I joined, the rules mirrored what is now in place. There were long discussions about defensive scenarios and new guns. And long threads on other second amendment issues and self defense topics.

Now FCC is a Fox News forum that occasionally talks about guns. It's my opinion for one that a great deal has been lost by allowing the forum to be taken over by general news discussions.

You may not agree with me, and that's fine but no one is preventing you from having those topics continue. You're just being asked to have those discussions in the place that was originally created for them when this forum was founded.

I also am a member at other gun forums, and some of them don't even allow you to discuss politics period, much less have a special place for them.

·
Registered
16,452 Posts
I am a member of several "gun forums," and NONE OF THEM talk about guns the majority of the time. Maybe there should be a section that is "Gun Discussions Only." Honestly, though, if only discussion about guns were allowed, none of the gun forums would be worth my time.
This x 1000!

https://forums.1911forum.com/search.php?searchid=26424041

There are no buried areas or boiler rooms. It's pretty much all guns or nothing.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
I for one do. When I joined, the rules mirrored what is now in place. There were long discussions about defensive scenarios and new guns. And long threads on other second amendment issues and self defense topics.

Now FCC is a Fox News forum that occasionally talks about guns. It's my opinion for one that a great deal has been lost by allowing the forum to be taken over by general news discussions.

You may not agree with me, and that's fine but no one is preventing you from having those topics continue. You're just being asked to have those discussions in the place that was originally created for them when this forum was founded.

I also am a member at other gun forums, and some of them don't even allow you to discuss politics period, much less have a special place for them.
This is my experience as well.

I'm fine with it either way; makes no difference to me.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I have been using Active Topics for quite some time, never mentioned it because I thought most did. I guess with the recent changes it must have made a difference. Meh!

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
I have no problem with things the way they are now. I start by hitting "New Posts" and once I'm done with all that if I want to see if there is anything in the other sub-forums that interests me I hit "Active Topics". Now that I know to do that it's working fine for me.
Plus 1
When I want to see something, I look for it.

...from phone

1 - 20 of 31 Posts