Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for a good gunsmith who works with S&W semi-autos, ideally in Volusia County but, if needed, I am willing to travel to Brevard, Seminole and Flagler counties and to Orlando.
Thanks for any recommendations and pointers!
Farik

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Cavella's Guns in Holly Hill. Xbonz recommended them to me not too long ago. Ask for Rick. He just did some work on my LCP Custom. http://www.cavellasguns.net 386-255-9119

-on Tapatalk

·
Banned
8,392 Posts
What are you looking to do?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI - there is a very nice and very skilled gunsmith at the Florida Gun Exchange in Ormond (George), but he is only there on Saturdays and then he has to help so many customers that is often overworked. I will contact Rick at Cavella's Guns next week, thank you!
Farik
PS: Why are there so few gunsmiths in East Central Florida?!

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I've heard about George. I also understood that he was good yet overworked, and that any projects would take an exorbitant amount of time. Why there are so few is a good question. Probably because we live in a disposable YouTube society now. I, for one, still prefer quality and paying for one's expertise.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why there are so few is a good question. Probably because we live in a disposable YouTube society now. I, for one, still prefer quality and paying for one's expertise.
Absolutely! I trust my guns with my life (at least potentially!) so why would I ever want to be cheap about it?! I would be willing to pay top dollar for a good gunsmith whose expertise and work I could trust and rely on.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I don't have any recommendations other then give Bart a call.
I would go with what ever he recommends.

A & N Sports Inc
501 S French Ave, Sanford, FL 32771
(407) 323-4867

·
Banned
8,392 Posts
Absolutely! I trust my guns with my life (at least potentially!) so why would I ever want to be cheap about it?! I would be willing to pay top dollar for a good gunsmith whose expertise and work I could trust and rely on.
Then send it to Randy at Apex

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - there is a very nice and very skilled gunsmith at the Florida Gun Exchange in Ormond (George), but he is only there on Saturdays and then he has to help so many customers that is often overworked. I will contact Rick at Cavella's Guns next week, thank you!
Farik
PS: Why are there so few gunsmiths in East Central Florida?!
Must have something to do with the poverty

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
is Bart a gunsmith himself?
I don't think so but he is on the older side, has been in the biss for a long time.
I have been going to his shop for the last 18 years and he has never steered me wrong.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to let you know that I did go to Rick at Cavella's Guns in Holly Hill and that he completely fixed my problem. Rick is a great guy and he is very good at what he does. He now has my business and I am glad to recommend him to everybody.

Cheers,

Farik

·
Registered
946 Posts
Anyone closer to the Orlando area that specializes in revolvers?

I have a S&W Model 27 that needs some trigger work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts