Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw on the news this morning that a pizza delivery man was being robbed and the guys hit him with a brick. The only problem was is that the guy pulled out his gun.

No word on if anyone was shot or if charges are going to be filed on the pizza guy.

I hope not. Another one for the good guys.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Dont really see how charges could be brought against him. His employer may have a problem with it, but I believe he is with in his rights to do so. just my .02

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When he was being interviewed you could see blood running down from his mouth where he was struck.

·
Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
If he isn't licensed, he could have problems with the law as well as his employer. We may not like it, but that's the way it is.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
If he isn't licensed, he could have problems with the law as well as his employer. We may not like it, but that's the way it is.

I guess that would have depended on where the gun was. If it was in the glove box, he would have been fine even if he did not have a permit.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
If he worked for Pizza Hut, he is now unemployed!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
I agree! I carry in a lot of places I shouldn't (like bars)..... See my signature for why!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just went to Pizza Hut's website trying to find an e-mail address to corporate and i could not find one.
I was just going to let them know that until they change their corporate policy on LEGAL carry that i, or my family, including my 2 kids, 18 and 21 years old, who are gun proficient, will not be patronizing their restaurant chain any more.
And I was also going to let Pepsico know that I am not going to buy another Pepsi product until that policy is changed.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I dont know that it will work SuperTrkrE2812. If you sent them something with 2,000 signatures or so, maybe. But one person who states that he carries a gun into your establishment, will not visit if you dont change your rules will probably make them happy. I am sure you will agree that non gun friendly people would not want you around anyway. I am in agreement that something should be done, but not sure it will work

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
It's very unlikely he would be prosecuted for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit...what evidence could be presented at his trial? Testimony from the armed robber that the pizza man pulled a gun? Yeah, sure...that'll work. :laughing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Somewhat off topic but, it DOES involve a pizza 'delivery': Saturday night there was a knock at my front door at 1915. Looking through the peep-hole I saw a young fellow with what looked to be a pizza box, Prior to opening the door I asked what he wanted. His response was: "Pizza delivery". So what, you ask? Well, I hadn't ordered any pizza!

When I told this guy I hadn't ordered pizza, he said he had the address -- which he read out loud. I said, "I don't care what your slip says, nobody here ordered a pizza." He turned and walked down the stairs without another word.

The odd thing is, on his descent he carried the 'pizza box' like a book, UNDER HIS ARM, not like you would carry a pizza box to keep the pizza level and undamaged.

Was this an attempt to get someone to open their door and, as they were in the process, explode through the door, overpower the occupant and ransack the home? That I can't say for sure but it struck me as quite odd that this guy turned and carried the supposed pizza box in the manner he did.

Bottom line, ALWAYS ascertain who is at your door BEFORE opening same. Common sense? Sure. But we all, I'm sure, have been guilty of 'open first, ask questions after' routine.

Have a day. Bang Gunley

·
Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
It's very unlikely he would be prosecuted for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit...what evidence could be presented at his trial? Testimony from the armed robber that the pizza man pulled a gun? Yeah, sure...that'll work. :laughing
I hope you're right, but there are a lot of nutty prosecutors out there. And, joking aside, the fact that the guy was carrying has apparently been established, though I still haven't seen any details.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Somewhat off topic but, it DOES involve a pizza 'delivery': Saturday night there was a knock at my front door at 1915. Looking through the peep-hole I saw a young fellow with what looked to be a pizza box, Prior to opening the door I asked what he wanted. His response was: "Pizza delivery". So what, you ask? Well, I hadn't ordered any pizza!

When I told this guy I hadn't ordered pizza, he said he had the address -- which he read out loud. I said, "I don't care what your slip says, nobody here ordered a pizza." He turned and walked down the stairs without another word.

The odd thing is, on his descent he carried the 'pizza box' like a book, UNDER HIS ARM, not like you would carry a pizza box to keep the pizza level and undamaged.

Was this an attempt to get someone to open their door and, as they were in the process, explode through the door, overpower the occupant and ransack the home? That I can't say for sure but it struck me as quite odd that this guy turned and carried the supposed pizza box in the manner he did.

Bottom line, ALWAYS ascertain who is at your door BEFORE opening same. Common sense? Sure. But we all, I'm sure, have been guilty of 'open first, ask questions after' routine.

Have a day. Bang Gunley
I would have said "wait a minute" then returned to my door with my Mossberg 590... racked it a loud as I could, then started to make sounds like I was unlocking the door..........:ak

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was pretty much thinking the same thing. Pizza Hut might be able to tell you while you are on their property you can not carry a gun. but once he leaves Pizza hut property, and as long as he is in his own private vehicle, he is no longer subject to their rules, is he? Isn't he also considered to be a independent contractor?
Just curious also

1 - 20 of 24 Posts