Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Model Dan Wesson Pointman..and its a shooter..Mostly stock gun except for shokbuff and trigger job.. Ran it thru a function test today and it passed with flying colors.It digested everything I put in it...

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
That is sweet SwampRat :clap. My Glock is a great tool that will get the job done reliably but a 1911 is something of beauty. I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Like A Work Of Art

Every time I go into Jay's gun shop in Pensacola, I always spend time drooling over the Kimber, Sig, & Para 1911s. If I sold every weapon I have, I could probably afford one of them - but I never could shoot a .45 very effectively, so I have stayed with 9mm in the low to medium price range from Bersa to Beretta.

But, you do have what looks like a "Work Of Art" !!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. It's actually one of the 1st Pointman Majors that Dan Wesson produced back then. #0179. They were actually made for IDPA etc competition, thus the adjustable sights, Jarvis match barrel, 2 piece guide rod.Chip McCormack trigger, hammer etc. extended mag release and looks like and Ed Brown extended slide release. Trigger pull is around 3-3-1/2lbs with very little to no take up and breaks like glass, grip safety has been pinned, Rear sights are Millet adjustables, all the way down, so its easy to carry conceal. Front sight has been filed down but after putting a 100rnds thru it today POA is POI...it tore the center out of the 10 ring at 50' and is much better than I am. Ejections were perfect 3-4ft to the right. No FTF's or FTE's. Slidelock was perfect on empty mag. Probably the most accurate 1911 I've had my hands on. Amazingly good shape for an 8 year old gun. Very little holster wear. Flat top slide as you can see here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts