Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Great looking pistola. That should serve you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
S4:

No sharp edges on this pistol. :dunno
No I see they have the little extension piece on the mag well that is attached to the back strap piece. That would solve part of my problem. The jewelers file and stone sounds like a good idea. If u have a link to the J file that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No I see they have the little extension piece on the mag well that is attached to the back strap piece. That would solve part of my problem. The jewelers file and stone sounds like a good idea. If u have a link to the J file that would be appreciated.
One of a set I bought at Harbor Freight years ago. The one with the safed edges. I’m sure they still sell them.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
One of a set I bought at Harbor Freight years ago. The one with the safed edges. I’m sure they still sell them.
I have that set :thumsup

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have that set :thumsup
You're good to go then.

On another note; have you upgraded that 1911 with those parts we discussed yet?

I’m going to put a C&S light pull sear spring in this one whenever I detail strip the frame; most likely after I shoot it again Tuesday.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
You're good to go then.

On another note; have you upgraded that 1911 with those parts we discussed yet?

I’m going to put a C&S light pull sear spring in this one whenever I detail strip the frame; most likely after I shoot it again Tuesday.
Not yet, its on my to do list......lots of stuff i need done.....lots will have to wait till i cut back my work hours next year....semi retirement.......

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
This PM I took the Tribal over to my bench, removed the slide assembly, then pulled the stocks, MSH, TS, and the sear spring. (It’s also a good idea to remove the slide stop/thumb safety plungers and spring when the TS is removed, so they don’t wind up lost.)

I didn’t feel like a further detail strip was warranted, based on how things looked and moved freely. So, I just replaced the stock sear spring with a Cylinder & Slide light pull sear spring, wiped that damn grease off all the parts I’d removed, then lubed and reassembled everything.

The trigger pull went from 5 1/2 pounds with the stock sear spring to 4 1/4 pounds with the C&S spring.

All told, that was 20 minutes well spent! :grin

·
Super Moderator
26,366 Posts
:thumsup

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
That is a good looking shootin' iron!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Makes me want to get at that Springfield soon and replace those parts......and work on “melting” that sig

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I had another flawless day with the Ultra at IDPA BUG practice yesterday. It shot very fast, and accurately.

Another 100+ rounds through it, including 14 HP rounds, and it went into the carry rotation that afternoon, as soon as it was cleaned. :grin

As an FYI; anyone wanting to carry a Sig 1911 with the slide design found on all their other pistols, and most of their 1911’s, (a border that makes the bottom of the slide wider than other 1911’s) will have to do a waxed-paper holster break-in before they’ll fit in your existing leather 1911 holsters.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts