Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 10th 1911, that is; a Sig Ultra 45acp Tribal.

Paula showed me a pic Bronxboy (alumnus of Brownie’s mobility impaired threat focused pistol course a few years ago) posted on farcebook, which turned out to be from my favorite LGS.

I checked them out, and found that while they were listed as “out of stock” everywhere; the reviews I found were very positive. So, I went down there today and picked it up. Mike did say that he couldn’t get that model any more.

I had a busy day, and didn’t get it on the bench until late this PM. Everything looked good, other than a little MIM, and the whole thing being loaded with a whitish grease. I didn’t have time to do a detail strip, but got things cleaned up pretty well, including the FP and extractor channels. Yes; even though Sig 1911’s have external extractors, they have extractor channels.

Fit and finish is very good, and I like the fact that it has a 3.3” barrel, rather than the three inch ones seen on most sub-compact 1911’s these days.

I’ll give it a wringing out up at the hunt camp this weekend, but don’t expect any functional issues based on what I’ve seen.

I’m heading up to camp on the airboat with tomorrow PM’s incoming tide, but will try to get a few pics up early next week.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
:2thumsup

Nice score! Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Awesome! Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A few features that “tipped the scales” for me compared to other brands were; FLGR with a flat wire non-captive recoil spring, rather than the multi-layered recoil assemblys found on most S/C 1911’s (so no funky “takedown tools” needed). [I don’t care for FLGR’s on the larger model 1911’s, but on the sub-compacts it’s warranted.] Nite sights, decent stocks, a nice trigger pull, interesting tribal engraving on the sides and top of the slide, a smaller sized hammer spur and GS similar to the Wilson tactical carry ones, checkered front and backstrap, and two seven round mags (made by Check Mate, according to the Patent# on the follower) included.

Oh yeah. It has a mag well. On an officer’s sized grip frame, that extra 1/4” is nice.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
That thing is full of goodies! Mag well on an Officer frame? Badass!

·
Super Moderator
26,367 Posts
Beautiful! Congrats!

·
Registered
15,031 Posts
Sweet

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Nice! Enjoy it sir.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Where are the freekin pics, man!?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Where are the freekin pics, man!?

See post #1. :grin

Glad y’all like it!

I shot over 100 rounds today through six different mags. It was accurate and functioned reliably.

I’ll shoot it at IDPA practice Tuesday, and call it good to go.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Nice......i like Sig’s 1911’s. I have the 4” version compact......i wished they would “melt” these guns a bit....it has so many sharp edges and being small you cant help but find them...........

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Nice......i like Sig’s 1911’s. I have the 4” version compact......i wished they would “melt” these guns a bit....it has so many sharp edges and being small you cant help but find them...........
I haven’t noticed that on this one, but I have a couple of Colts from the days when you could shave with the front and rear edges of the slide. My stainless LW Commander was like that until I dehorned those edges with a jewelers file, then a stone. The bottom edges of the slides were sharp too, but it’s a non-issue until the gun is field stripped.

I was surprised to see that the bottom edges on the little Sig’s slide were beveled, same as my Wilson Tactical Carry.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts