Attachments

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave my wife a healthy chunk of gift certificate to her favorite horse tack shop for equipment this year. She'll probably have some custom silver bridle and bit made for the horse with the money. I know she's had her eye on a nice one there for some time but wouldn't spend the money.

I made it easy for her to get what she wants, and that leaves me to do the same thing.:rolf

I'll probably go back to carrying two of these in the summer in my back pockets. Maybe the nickel model 36 for the left hand and the brushed stainless 442 for the right.:D

Brownie

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Beautiful Brownie! What a great group of classics.

I have a thing for snub nosed revolvers. I just returned from a trip to Central Florida to meet a friend from the Colt Forum and purchase a mint Colt Detective Special 3rd Series/1974 in nickel. I am going to take some pics tomorrow when I get the right lighting.

No matter how great they can make a small auto, the .38 snub nosed will always have a rich history and track record of reliability and dependability.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the tools of an earlier time.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ron,

I won't own or carry the recent locking models from S+W. The older S+W J and K frames are what I'm looking for, though I do have a healthy pile of N frame 3.5" model 27's in the collection as well.

Nice score on the Colt D frame. I had a nickel D frame from about the same era and gave it to a good friend of mine before I moved out here cause he bugged me for it for years and I wouldn't sell it to him. Told him it was worth the wait as it was a gift, if ya coulda seen the look on his face.

Brownie

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Nice Guns - I love the Model 19. To bad Christmas only comes once a year :D

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Nothing like a surprise of a DS as a gift. Very nice!

I'm glad to see that S&W are coming out with new non-locking j-frames. If there will ever be a revolver I sell, it will be my 442 with lock.

Enjoy your new revolvers!

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Is that a trigger shoe on the 36?

Tsk, tsk. :smack :D

Nice little line-up you have there. :thumsup

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good eyes Deadeye,

The gun came with it, hadn't seen a trigger shoe since 1972 when I bought my colt lw commander from a cop who also had one on that gun.

I've left it on for now but it will come off when I get to carrying it this next summer. It's uncomfortable, my trigger finger isn't used to it, and the gun will be used for battle not target practice. Quite surprised it came on a gun meant for SD as I think they were mainly used years ago for target work.

Brownie

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok, I'm not up to date..what's wrong with the locking models? In fact, what ARE the locking models? I know some of the new revolvers can be locked, but if you don't lock it, what's the problem with them?? Can they accidently lock??
Thanks for th einfo.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aharley1,

There are instances, documented, where the lock on the new Smith revos has locked up the gun while firing. Not many relatively speaking, but enough to cause concern in carrying one of them when your life may be on the line and you need the gun to fire under a SD situation.

I'll stick with the "pre-lock" models and be content in knowing that can't ever happen to the guns I own.

Brownie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts