Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to downsize the photo , now fine !

This has been an experience to say the least . Going from Auto Mode to Manual one . I knew Nothing about the Formatting , like my old camera . To say this is Not My Forte Is an Understatement .

I have been Toying with just about any and all of this new camera's settings . For the 'Uninformed' like me , Frustration would be my #1 Comment . So far today I shot [ 45 ] different setups .

I also shot a few without a diffuser off hand , flat on my kitchen table . Of course bouncing lights reflecting off a few places on the guns . A Huge Learning Experience for this Guy :eek:

It's almost like learning baseball when I was about [ 8 ] years old . I know that i need a different setup for tilting the guns up from laying flat . Still working on that & now VERY TIRED [ lol ]

Anyway I experimented on my very last photo . No light Box , just The small overhead incandescent light . Then added a flash which i haven't used the whole day and night now .

I wanted to show much better the stamping on this Model 10 [ in blue ] So after a few times moving my Tripod around , This one really surprised me big time .

You will see how the stamping below by the trigger guard Lit Up . It May Not Be Proper , But after all day and night , I think It's Pretty Cool . No Comparison to all You Other Photographers 'G'
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
301 Posts

• Haha
Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
10,083 Posts
:rolleyes::unsure: With only [ 4 ] months on here , I'll say you have a 'Pair' .. Maybe you should get to know folks First , as
You Certainly Do Not Know Me At All . ;)(y)(y)
Hey Charlie; you know that was pretty funny!
It’s great to see that you’re cutting the new guys some slack, “old-timer.” 👍

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey Charlie; you know that was pretty funny!
It’s great to see that you’re cutting the new guys some slack, “old-timer.” 👍
Yes well if you had my prior few days , I had no tolerance for 'Games' at my Expense .. Not quite an Old Timer , except for age [ lol ] .

A Big Mistake , The Newbie turned out to be A "Troll"
*He Has Just Been Ignored with his last Email ;)(y)(y)

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try using a shotgun shell lthrough the triggerguard with early moring sun with no flash in portrait mode ..If there is anythiing I can help you with just call me Gunner.
Thanks once more my Friend ! I was thinking about the shotgun shell deal , but not outside as yet . * No problem with the Early Morning Sun , as I'm Still Up from my usual All nighters as are you ;)(y)(y)

For now I have put that stuff up , & Must finish my S10 Radiator install , hoses , complete flushing cycles & a new Fuel line to be relocated .

Then change all my spark plugs as well . I'll do a plug wire test for good continuity ..* Then Follow Your Advice Re Photo Taking and Setup ..;)(y)(y)📷 .. The " M60 GUNNER"

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
photography is an art and not a science. what the camera records is rarely exactly what we see. Never mastered it myself while others had the patience to experiment and keep trying and got to do it very well.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
photography is an art and not a science. what the camera records is rarely exactly what we see. Never mastered it myself while others had the patience to experiment and keep trying and got to do it very well.
Totally Agree Mr. Hornet ! I use to mess with it many years ago with my Asahi Pentax camera . Now with the advent of these new Formatting digital ones , it's a whole new ballgame for me .. I can do most things in life , but this one is my Achilles Heel for sure . My Patience scale doesn't help me at all [ lol ]

I just don't have the time right now to mess with it . I want to move some of my fairly large inventory & will need decent photos' . Thank You for Your Candid Post , as I Always Appreciate the Truth ! Thanks Much My Friend , Respectfully Yours 'Gunner' ;) (y)(y)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Be careful with photography: It can be a hobby as expensive as firearms!

Nikon had their AF-S NIKKON 14-24 mm f/2.9 G ED lens on sale for Memorial Day ($500 off), so I finally picked one up.
I was hoping to get out this weekend to try it out, but it looks like the tropical depression has other ideas about that! :(

My previous wide zoom was an older Tamron (I think?) and in any case was for a crop-factor digital camera. (DX).
So, I gave that to my nephew last year knowing that I would eventually replace it with the correct lens.

I want to have a wide zoom for when I visit Zion National Park later this year.

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Be careful with photography: It can be a hobby as expensive as firearms!

Nikon had their AF-S NIKKON 14-24 mm f/2.9 G ED lens on sale for Memorial Day ($500 off), so I finally picked one up.
I was hoping to get out this weekend to try it out, but it looks like the tropical depression has other ideas about that! :(

My previous wide zoom was an older Tamron (I think?) and in any case was for a crop-factor digital camera. (DX).
So, I gave that to my nephew last year knowing that I would eventually replace it with the correct lens.

I want to have a wide zoom for when I visit Zion National Park later this year.
Gotcha ! Wow , Very Nice Grab !! No worries , I'm only in it about $175. ;)(y)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yes well if you had my prior few days , I had no tolerance for 'Games' at my Expense .. Not quite an Old Timer , except for age [ lol ] .

A Big Mistake , The Newbie turned out to be A "Troll"
*He Has Just Been Ignored with his last Email ;)(y)(y)
Agreed Totally ! Maybe he should've stayed in Kentucky , all the Better for this Membership !

He Screwed with the Wrong Combat Veteran -"Mess With The Bull , You May Get The Horns" = Ignore !

This Site Is For 'Serious Topics' And Not For Replying / Posting With Cartoons ! .. That Crap is For Children !
Thanks Much Rick & You're correct about b.p. (y) (y) 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
You’ll find that the ignore feature does wonders for the ol’ blood pressure.
And in case you hadn’t noticed; you’ve been a member here for about a year and a half now. 👍
I had no idea about the length of time accrued . I just went there & saw I Have a reaction score of '1019' . That is pretty good for 1.5 yrs ! ..Thanks Mr. "IDPA" 💥🔫

I guess Some on here Liked what I had posted . I know one thing , The "Idiot" Will Not be one (y) (y) 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

1 - 17 of 17 Posts