Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
"Storm"?

No, just a bunch of catty *****es with nothing else to do with their lives. I don't see Moms, I see a bunch of women mooching off of their husbands, who are actually working for a living so their shrews wives can screech inside the Capitol.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
You know, folks, one thing the aging process has done for me is to forgive certain things in advance. If a parent has a child killed, I can’t be critical of how they mourn or demonstrate or complain.

I disagree with their position as a gun violence solution, but cannot criticize their motivation. Losing a child is a free ticket to air your grievances, even if they are wrong in my book.

I represented a family once for the death of an innocent child, they carried the ashes of their child in an urn to hearings. Creepy, but it helped them cope. Pray for them, don’t lambast them.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
You know, folks, one thing the aging process has done for me is to forgive certain things in advance. If a parent has a child killed, I can’t be critical of how they mourn or demonstrate or complain.

I disagree with their position as a gun violence solution, but cannot criticize their motivation. Losing a child is a free ticket to air your grievances, even if they are wrong in my book.

I represented a family once for the death of an innocent child, they carried the ashes of their child in an urn to hearings. Creepy, but it helped them cope. Pray for them, don’t lambast them.
Sure - but I expect the same back from them. So far it's been a one-way street.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts

I agree... until they use their position to justify infringing my Rights and Freedom. Then, I must oppose them vehemently, though it does not mean I have no sympathy.

·
Super Moderator
26,033 Posts

I agree... until they use their position to infringe my Rights and Freedom. Then, I must oppose them vehemently, though it does not mean I have no sympathy.
This!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I love how they insist its not political yet they put up the display in the state capital and the artist laments how we need to learn from mistakes because knowledge is power. A politician is right there to fix the mistake of not requiring a background check on ammo purchases.

·
Registered
16,419 Posts
Are they also as concerned about knives?
In almost the exact same situation with similar ignorances of FBI visits and warnings as well as local PD not doing anything my sons best friend was murdered in his sleep by a monster similar to the parkland one. He was stabbed 42 times and almost decapitated. I don’t see anyone protesting for him? So once again it is the tool that was used that is seen as the cause and is being blamed for it.
Why don’t they go ‘storm’ fbi headquarters and demand they do a better job?
Why don’t they go to the PD HQ and do same?

One of my best clients was here the other day getting a new vehicle.
She had a MSD STRONG shirt on and her son was with her. I asked her about it.
Her son was actually in the school the day of the shooting. He survived only because the killer never made it to his building.
But the mom placed the blame correctly so on the BSO and Sheriff Israel not the tool that was used. Not every Parkland parent has gone bat crazy for gun bans.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Ditto what racer said. I sympathize to the very greatest extent possible. I will not, however, roll over and let my rights be stolen, just because it might make them feel a little better. They are completely wrong, and it would do them a lot more good to find a productive way to grieve, rather than the grossly COUNTER-productive way they are going about it now.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Folks, of course they are wrong. Unless someone has lost a child, it would be very difficult to legitimately judge them. Things just sometimes seem a little ad hominem. If if makes them feel purposeful or assuages their horror of losing a child, there’s an amendment that protects them just as there’s one that protects our rights to arms.

The legislators are the ones we need to deal with, inform, enlighten. I’ve communicated with Legislators for a while now, my belief is that’s the approach needed.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Folks, of course they are wrong. Unless someone has lost a child, it would be very difficult to legitimately judge them. Things just sometimes seem a little ad hominem. If if makes them feel purposeful or assuages their horror of losing a child, there’s an amendment that protects them just as there’s one that protects our rights to arms.

The legislators are the ones we need to deal with, inform, enlighten. I’ve communicated with Legislators for a while now, my belief is that’s the approach needed.
We're not judging them. We simply oppose their "solution" to the problem, which is to restrict OUR Rights. We're not seeking to restrict their 1st Amendment Rights. But, they ARE ACTIVELY seeking to infringe our 2A Rights. That's a fact. I understand their motivations. But, I will not acquiesce to them under the guise of "sympathy." I will not be subjugated to assuage a twisted sense of "moral or social justice."

Their victim status does not immunize their ideas against criticism, or even focused opposition (in whichever form necessary, as they escalate their efforts).

To counter-attack their anti-liberty efforts has NOTHING to do with their motivations / inspirations, nor does it brand us as "unsympathetic."

Sure, we need to deal with, inform, and enlighten legislators. But, is that also to mean you are suggesting we should "turn the other cheek" when directly confronted by these folks? Just because of their tragic experience? If that's the case, I will simply say, "No. I will not do that. Not when my Rights are at stake." Their tragedy does not justify attacking ME. I'm the wrong person. And, I WILL defend myself and my Rights against the unjustifiable attacks.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Tragedy is a fact of life.

How we deal with it is the determining factor.

Be a good example, not a generic statistic.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Chill, we’re on the same side. It’s obviously a very emotional issue to many. My approach to dispute is a bit different than many I suppose. That doesn’t mean I’m right or someone else is wrong.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Chill, we’re on the same side. It’s obviously a very emotional issue to many. My approach to dispute is a bit different than many I suppose. That doesn’t mean I’m right or someone else is wrong.
Of course! :)

In reality, I'd do my best to respectfully avoid the topic at all with those parents in a face-to-face situation. But, I would not agree with their advocacy to infringe my Rights just to "keep the peace."

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I’ve dealt with so much death in my days, people react in a lot of ways. I had a fellow who’s wife was decapitated by a cement mixer, in trial when he started to speak of her, his mouth flew open wide enough to toss a tennis ball in and he could not utter a single word, he just froze. That was many years later after a mistrial, appeal and re-trial. As LEO I worked a car wreck with multiple fatalities and an African American family nearly tore the whole emergency room apart.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
The comment by pod, in post #2, was ad hominem, and uncalled for. Given that, I fully understand Shark1007's response. These people are grieving, and there is certainly no reason to call them names.

That does not change the fact that they are wrong, that their method of grieving is counter-productive, and that they need to be opposed.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Tragedy is a fact of life.

How we deal with it is the determining factor.

Be a good example, not a generic statistic.

-on Tapatalk
:thumsup

How one deals with any adversity provides others a window to see the type of person they really are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts