Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the members here for all the great recommendations and reviews on the Panther holsters. This is what prompted me to spring for one for the 45 Shield. I received it very quickly of course and began carrying with it and running the drills with it. I made one minor adjustment to the top tension screw to achieve the draw that I liked. It is very fast for me on presentation and the fit to the gun and the belt is perfect. I use a 1 1/2 inch belt on a daily basis.
The Panther OWB is the most comfortable kydex holster I have ever used and I have recommended it and shown it to several LE aquaintances who seemed impressed with it.I can only give Jim and Scott another big thanks for this quality product, and order more from them.
Two Sundays ago I had the rig in the car and when we left church, I just slipped it on. I was wearing dress pants and a 3/4 inch wide dress belt. It felt as though it locked in place. When we got home and garaged the car I walked out and drew the pistol being careful to point in a safe direction. I have a tendency to slap that trigger when I draw so I have to be very cautious and mindful of that at all times. To my astonishment it was locked onto that narrow belt and neither the belt or the pants moved. So I tried it again. Same results. I am sold on these holsters, period

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Great holsters, no doubt, and impeccable customer service.

Question to Stu, why didn't you carry while at church???

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great holsters, no doubt, and impeccable customer service.

Question to Stu, why didn't you carry while at church???
Actually, we are loaded with cops. We have 4 officers on Sundays and two on Wednesday nights, all of whom are friends. These three guys and the female, I fully trust can handle anything that may occur. Our pastor sees that they are well taken care of. We are a very large church.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Actually, we are loaded with cops. We have 4 officers on Sundays and two on Wednesday nights, all of whom are friends. These three guys and the female, I fully trust can handle anything that may occur. Our pastor sees that they are well taken care of. We are a very large church.
Thanks for replying and congratulations on your Panther holster. That being said I still don't understand the thought process for disarming when going to church.

Speaking for myself, my security is my responsibility regardless of who's armed around me. Great that other guys/gals are acting as security but I would not disarm just because other people have their guns on them. If that was the mentality, we have police officers on the streets so why carry everyday? Not the same comparison I know but you get my point.

Ok, sorry for hijacking thread.

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Thanks for replying and congratulations on your Panther holster. That being said I still don't understand the thought process for disarming when going to church.

Speaking for myself, my security is my responsibility regardless of who's armed around me. Great that other guys/gals are acting as security but I would not disarm just because other people have their guns on them. If that was the mentality, we have police officers on the streets so why carry everyday? Not the same comparison I know but you get my point.

^^^This. Always.^^^

Awesome news on the holster!

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,355 Posts

There's this, and the fact that most cops can't shoot well. Of course there're exceptions, but the cops that show up at matches lack both proficient gun handling skills as well as shooting skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
I like my IWB Panther. And regardless of the fact that my very large church has at least half a dozen officers I still carry. I pray to God that I never have to use it, but am thankful to live in a nation and state that recognizes my right.

Did you know that Panther will also make a sheath for your knife?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like my IWB Panther. And regardless of the fact that my very large church has at least half a dozen officers I still carry. I pray to God that I never have to use it, but am thankful to live in a nation and state that recognizes my right.

Did you know that Panther will also make a sheath for your knife?
Yes, I'm familiar with that, but thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Response here for the guys about church carry. When I retired from LE,I retired, period. After 27 years I had put in my time and survived some encounters of the worst kind. That being my mindset, I personally chose to not go under LEOSA. I don't care for qualifying for some instructor or range officer who has less experience than I do annually. I am fully aware of my capabilities as well as my limitations and old outdated scoring systems are still used, and most of it is just to prove you are not a complete idiot.
I had no desire to keep my certification as some do .So ,I went the civilian route and got a Georgia Weapons Carry License. As such, if I carry in a church that has not openly consented for it's members to carry, I could lose my carry permit for 5 years and be fined $100.00.
This is specified in Ga HB60. The hundred bucks isn't a problem but losing the permit would be. It"s not likely that the officers there would charge me but I do not want to form a habit that could bite me later on. Georgia carry laws are very lenient. I can carry a 12 inch bowie concealed if I choose to and even carry in places like bars and restaurants that serve alcohol. However, church carry has it's limitations. The house vote stands until changed, and I am Law and Order all the time. I kept an unblemished reputation throughout my career and I don't intend to stain that. All LE who know me know who I am and what I am and I want it to stay that way. I am comfortable with that.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I am. Last September I came over to Bartow Co. to take over a security problem on a 1000 + acre farm. I am halfway between Rome and Cartersville. I tend to keep all my business in Rome.

·
Super Moderator
26,297 Posts
Response here for the guys about church carry. When I retired from LE,I retired, period. After 27 years I had put in my time and survived some encounters of the worst kind. That being my mindset, I personally chose to not go under LEOSA. I don't care for qualifying for some instructor or range officer who has less experience than I do annually. I am fully aware of my capabilities as well as my limitations and old outdated scoring systems are still used, and most of it is just to prove you are not a complete idiot.
I had no desire to keep my certification as some do .So ,I went the civilian route and got a Georgia Weapons Carry License. As such, if I carry in a church that has not openly consented for it's members to carry, I could lose my carry permit for 5 years and be fined $100.00.
This is specified in Ga HB60. The hundred bucks isn't a problem but losing the permit would be. It"s not likely that the officers there would charge me but I do not want to form a habit that could bite me later on. Georgia carry laws are very lenient. I can carry a 12 inch bowie concealed if I choose to and even carry in places like bars and restaurants that serve alcohol. However, church carry has it's limitations. The house vote stands until changed, and I am Law and Order all the time. I kept an unblemished reputation throughout my career and I don't intend to stain that. All LE who know me know who I am and what I am and I want it to stay that way. I am comfortable with that.
A very respectable POV, DocH! Most here probably didn't realize you were in Georgia, where the church carry laws are a little different than in Florida. :grin

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
Great point, Doc. I applaud your integrity...(and your wisdom for carrying in Panther gear!)!!! :grin

·
Super Moderator
26,297 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks,guys. Will be getting another order in soon.:thumsup

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Doc. It shows you're a person of great integrity.
I frequently carry OWB with a cover shirt (just not in church :grin) , in a Panther OWB holster. If it weren't for Panther, I would likely be 100% IWB in Florida. Their OWB holsters are so dang comfortable and discrete, as they fit so snug to the body. Love their carbon fiber look too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts