Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to purchase a Panther IWB holster for my FNS9C. They make several variations. Any thoughts as to which is best?

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
"Best" is in the eye of the beholder, but you knew that. :grin

For me, I like the Standard IWB since it offers the most slim design and I can adjust it for minimal cant. The F-series has too much cant for my tastes. I haven't tried the Legacy.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
As BH stated,"best" is in the eye of the beholder. ALL my Panthers are F-Series, as I really appreciate the ability to adjust cant.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I have an FNS9 that gets carried OWB in a Panther, but it is full size and I carry all of my full size pistols OWB. Of course this is my opinion and one should take caution following my lead:grin

Family of Panthers at my home, G21 Glock in Panther not pictured. The Sig P250SC is carried IWB.

20160318_194347.jpg

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Best" is in the eye of the beholder, but you knew that. :grin

For me, I like the Standard IWB since it offers the most slim design and I can adjust it for minimal cant. The F-series has too much cant for my tastes. I haven't tried the Legacy.
It looks like it carries pretty high. How do you dress to hide the stocks?

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
For business reasons, it needs to be carried iwb. I've already got a Panther owb for other situations.
I personally use the standard IWB due to wearing at 3-4 o'clock position, if you wear it more toward the back you may want more cant. I think if you get the F series it will afford you lots of adjustment room to keep you from having buyers remorse.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
AD, as to how high the holster and gun ride, my Sig P250SC in a standard Panther IWB rides low enough to where the edge of grip rides just above top of belt and the rest is all tucked in like a BUG in a rug, see what I did there?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I personally use the standard IWB due to wearing at 3-4 o'clock position, if you wear it more toward the back you may want more cant. I think if you get the F series it will afford you lots of adjustment room to keep you from having buyers remorse.
This is why the F-Series works for me. I wear it at about 4:00, and with a little can't the grip disappears under a T-shirt, Polo shirt or un-tucked button up shirt. No special cover garment needed.

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
AD, as to how high the holster and gun ride, my Sig P250SC in a standard Panther IWB rides low enough to where the edge of grip rides just above top of belt and the rest is all tucked in like a BUG in a rug, see what I did there?
:grin Exactly my experience, Vinny! :thumsup

One of my IWB is an F-Series that came with another P229 I purchased in a private sale. I converted it to remove almost of the cant because that's how I carry, but otherwise it rides the same as my other Standard IWB models, and if I ever need to wear it more around 4:00-4:30 on the waist, I can always put the cant back in. :dancingbanana

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
I'm going to purchase a Panther IWB holster for my FNS9C. They make several variations. Any thoughts as to which is best?
Yes, I do have thoughts. An F-Series, a straight-drop, and an OWB. :grin

The F-Series give you more cant and concealability, the straight-drop gives you a lower profile. What's more important to you?

(I believe you'd stated you already had the OWB.)

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
But the difference is negligible as far as concealability goes. It's really about cant.
Do you need more than 5°?

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
But the difference is negligible as far as concealability goes. It's really about cant.
Do you need more than 5°?

-on Tapatalk
Yes, in my OWB holsters I carry at about 15 degree in the 3:00 o-clock position.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts