Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thrilled that I was referred to this site. I should have my plastic in about another 30 days. Upon which I will take the grand venture referred to as the Wally Walk.

Thanks to all for this community.

Seth
the Packing Pastor

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Welcome to the forum Seth :clap

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Welcome to the floc....errrr, I meant forum!

·
Super Moderator
6,143 Posts
Welcome PackingPastor, like the name. Um, is that your picture? Suddenly, I feel like an old dinosaur.

And don't listen to flccnp, I've been known to hold a few of these guys down and wash their mouths out with soap. I've also learned to hold my tongue and let these guys be guys and stay out of their way and not correct them. I'm well aware that the testosterone far outweighs the estrogen on this site so I play nice so they will let me stay. As crazy as it sounds I actually like hanging around all these guys. They tolerate me.

MamaBear

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome and hope your CCL gets to you in those 30 day or sooner

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome Pastor. What made you decide to carry? Just curious.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome:drinks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome, Pastor :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi To All,
Thanks for the welcome. I apologize for the delayed reply. I forgot to hit the email notifications button.

Welcome PackingPastor, like the name. Um, is that your picture? Suddenly, I feel like an old dinosaur.

And don't listen to flccnp, I've been known to hold a few of these guys down and wash their mouths out with soap. I've also learned to hold my tongue and let these guys be guys and stay out of their way and not correct them. I'm well aware that the testosterone far outweighs the estrogen on this site so I play nice so they will let me stay. As crazy as it sounds I actually like hanging around all these guys. They tolerate me.

MamaBear
That is my pic:). I'm 29. Also, please just be yourselves. Just because I'm a pastor doesn't mean I'm completely insulated from modern culture. :drinks

Welcome Pastor. What made you decide to carry? Just curious.
I have grown to enjoy shooting as a hobby/therapy. Also, I find myself in scenarios in and out of ministry that have the potential to be life threatening. Also, I love my neighborhood, and my neighbors, but there is regular drug and prostitution traffic on the street in front of my house. I also enjoy jogging or riding my bike for exercise. There aren't many violent crimes here, but plenty of illegal activity.

The bum part is that our church meets in a middle school, so no carrying to church by non-LEO's. I plan on carrying everywhere and anytime I legally can.

Thanks to all.
Merry Christmas,

Seth,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have you been to the range in Fellsmere? I spend most of the winter months in a nearby campground. I found the range location on line, but no info.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi MSGT,

Yes, I go to the public range on 102 Ave. It is okay, but lacks a good short range option for defensive practice. They are cool, but you also have to get special permission to fire groups of 2-3 which is also good defensive practice. If I want to just practice aiming and pulling the trigger or just to blow off some steam, I go to the public range. If I want to practice defensive skills I have a deputy friend in south Vero Beach with plenty of property to shoot on.

Give me a hollar next time you're in town. I'd love to have a cup of coffee or something.

Also, does anyone know how to set email notifications so that I can be notified when someone replies to a post I've written?

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Welcome, Seth! Hope you enjoy it here.

Have to admit...though I've lived in FL my entire life (-5yrs purgatory in ME), I had to look Fellsmere up on a map!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rvrctyrngr,

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I didn;t know it existed before I moved here. I love the town. It's somewhat rural but still close to the beach and larger communities.

Everybody knows everybody:). Andy everybody knows everything about everybody.

·
653 Posts
Welcome Pastor, God bless. May I ask what denomination? I am Lutheran and would love to find a Lutheran Pastor that carries. My Church's Pator doesn't come accross as a gun enthusiast, eventhough I know many in the congregation that carry. We have a threat about conceal carry at church you might find interesting. And we would love to have your imput in that thread also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi HenryHer,

I'm the pastor of Coastal Community Church in Sebastian. We are support Southern Baptist Missions worldwide, but function more like a non-denominational church.

Can you send a link to the thread re: carrying at church?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 20 Posts