Florida Concealed Carry banner
521 - 540 of 563 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,243 Posts
I think however many it takes YOU to be comfortable the firearm AND mags in that firearm are reliable, I've fired almost 500 through the P365X-MACRO with zero failures. So I'm about there and likely w be for sure after tomorrow's range time. The Romeo Zero optic, not at all sure. :unsure:

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
I think however many it takes YOU to be comfortable the firearm AND mags in that firearm are reliable, I've fired almost 500 through the P365X-MACRO with zero failures. So I'm about there and likely w be for sure after tomorrow's range time. The Romeo Zero optic, not at all sure. :unsure:
Yeah... haven't ordered the optic, yet. So, in reality, there will be ANOTHER testing period WITH the optic. The weight of the optic on the slide can potentially cause issues. I'm not expecting it to. But, if there is an issue, I'd want to know before I'm carrying and the SHTF.

Right now, I'm testing the gun by itself. Keeping the "variables" limited to one at a time.

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
I think 500 is plenty of rounds for gremlins to show up but, I guess it depends on the firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 · (Edited)
I think 500 is plenty of rounds for gremlins to show up but, I guess it depends on the firearm.

Fortunately (?) the gremlins showed up right away. It took 370 rounds (first two test sessions) and two sessions at the Freedom Bench with some tools before I eliminated them (hopefully!). Today's session (3rd) was gremlin-free. Hopefully tomorrow, too!

Can't wait to hang out with you guys at the range!

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Fortunately (?) the gremlins showed up right away. It took 370 rounds (first two test sessions) before I eliminated them (hopefully!). Today's session (3rd) was gremlin-free. Hopefully tomorrow, too!

Can't wait to hang out with you guys at the range!
Same!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you all think 500 is a high enough litmus test? Or should it be 1000
I’m in the camp of 500 flawless FMJ rounds and then 100 flawless defense ammo of choice. No cleaning just lube. But then again, I like those finicky 1911’s.;)

BTW I like that slide. Reminds me of the Shadow Systems mr918 I used to own.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #527 · (Edited)
220 more rounds through the EDC build today with no malfunctions. Not even when @Caleb shot it! 🤪

Today was another 220 rounds without a single malfunction! Woohooo! It's looking good. That makes 420 rounds since the last FTF. Total rounds 790.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
I just added this Agency Arms "Syndicate" polymer magwell to this build. I put one on another 940C build and liked it. It's very inexpensive ($22.50) and just snaps on. I think it blends nicely with a black frame. And, it adds just enough length and contour that makes the pinky lock in better than the bare 940C (G19) frame.

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Looks good on there and a pinky shelf is a positive.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #532 ·
Looks good on there and a pinky shelf is a positive.

It adds "just enough" to make it feel much more secure in the hand.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 · (Edited)
Update! Got the definitive / permanent iron sights for it. These are the Steel City Arsenal Mid Height Fiber Optic Sights. They should work out as 1/3 co-witness with the planned Holosun 507 optic.
Automotive tire Rectangle Wheel Font Electric blue

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Rectangle

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Laser guns

I really like them! At least here at home. We'll see how I like'em on the range. This future EDC is shaping up!

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #535 ·
A snapshot of my four builds and round counts. Total rounds: 3,740!
We ARE supposed to shoot these things... riiiiiight? ;)
Font Technology Screenshot Advertising Multimedia

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #537 ·

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #539 ·
She will put shoot you! Don’t do it!

She's got to re-qualify for the e-target ranges.

She was upset at how "bad" she did last time:
Facial expression Organism Font Happy Circle

521 - 540 of 563 Posts