Florida Concealed Carry banner
481 - 500 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
The new serialized EDC P80 is done! For now.

It's built! I timed it. To polish the parts, assemble, disassemble to adjust sear engagement, re-assemble, function test, safety test (including drop testing)... 2 hours! Remember, I didn't have to do any frame finishing (100% finished / serialized), and it STILL took me 2 hours.

I must SUCK, 'cuz the PRESIDENT said that an 80% "casper gun" can be assembled in 30 minutes!

Function testing! Bed works great to catch snap-caps!
Gun barrel Font Air gun Wood Trigger

All OEM internal parts (upper and lower). Initially, the sear was about 50%. I put the "kick-up" of the trigger bar in the vise and gave it a tweak.
Gas Font Machine Rectangle Auto part
Rectangle Font Technology Automotive exterior Electronic device

Building House Fixture Window Facade

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Water Liquid Drinkware Fluid Rectangle

I went with the all-black theme. Pins are DLC-coated from Rook Tactical. Slide lock, slide stop, mag catch / release are all from NDZ Performance. I threw some cheap plastic Glock sights on for the testing period. I boogered up the right side of the rear sight with the sight pusher (you can see a dent in it). Slide backplate is a black on black script, "We the People" from Milspin.
Light Automotive tire Rectangle Gas Auto part
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Starting pistol

More photos below...

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Rectangle Event Electric blue Transparency Electronics accessory

After testing... at least 500 rounds... maybe 1000, it will be worthy of carry, I think. I plan to put a Holosun optic on it.

Whattaya think? I'm diggin it! Very happy with it!

·
Super Moderator
32,243 Posts
Nice work bro! (y)(y)

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
9 metermiller lung blower outer!
Good job. I like it.
All stock parts and fully finished frame I don’t think I’d feel the need to put that many rounds thru it before I trusted it though?
Yeah... might be overkill. I might change my mind. We'll see how it tests. If it's anything like my other builds, it should be good to go.

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 · (Edited)
Just got this shot of my new P80 PFC9 next to my Gen 2 Glock 19.
Wood Font Metal Fashion accessory Gun accessory

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
The G19 looks waaaaayyyyy better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well... it IS a classic. Gen 2, baby! My first pistol ever. Bought it in 1996. Estimated 8 - 10k rounds through it. Might be a low estimate. I didn't always track my round counts!

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Well... it IS a classic. Gen 2, baby! My first pistol ever. Bought it in 1996. Estimated 8 - 10k rounds through it. Might be a low estimate. I didn't always track my round counts!
I do like the look of the smooth dust cover.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·
I do like the look of the smooth dust cover.

Yeah... it's old school "clean." Not so "tactical." My first pistol.. I'll keep it forever.

Reactions: Caleb

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
9 metermiller lung blower outer!
There was a dude at the range last weekend wearing a t-shirt that had "9-mm Lungblower" printed on the front (along with some other "punny" stuff).

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The looks of the Glocks never bothered me, but the feel of a Poly 80 frame is just so much more comfortable in my hand. Two hours to assemble is not bad at all! Especially knowing you did not throw the parts together to get it completed, but did the inspecting and polishing and made sure everything fit correctly.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 ·
The looks of the Glocks never bothered me, but the feel of a Poly 80 frame is just so much more comfortable in my hand. Two hours to assemble is not bad at all! Especially knowing you did not throw the parts together to get it completed, but did the inspecting and polishing and made sure everything fit correctly.
I don't know if the polishing of all the internal parts is "necessary." But, I think it helps smooth things out. It also factors into the pride of workmanship, IMO. I polish everything made of metal... trigger bar, striker pin, connector, etc.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
As for polishing the friction points, I figure it saves 500 to 1000 breakin rounds. As for the rest, well it looks so purdy, and I think it’s easier to clean and keep clean.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·
Just got back from the range. Success / failure. The good part... It goes bang. And, I shoot pretty well with it! But, I had a bunch of failures to feed... similar to the initial test of my 2nd build. With that one, it was the extractor that needed a bit of filing for a smoother transition. Once I did that, it was flawless. I'll take a look at this one and see if it's the same thing.
So, a bit of de-bugging, and she should be good to go. I'll post more later with photos.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #499 ·
I'll post one of the targets. I suck! ;)

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Gas Asphalt

Now I've just gotta sort out the FTF bug.

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Don’t forget to test it with the optic on there as it will ad a little weight to the slide. Not sure if that could cause cycling issues.

481 - 500 of 563 Posts