Florida Concealed Carry banner
321 - 340 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Nope. The only "trouble" I had during the build was less-than-ideal sear engagement. That got better when I changed the trigger housing, trigger, and striker to OEM.

The Rook Tactical rails are awesome. They drop right in, whereas the P80 rails almost always need significant "smithing" to get the holes to line up with the frame pin holes.
Ah that’s right. I have to get my slide tapped for the optic. One of the holes is cross threaded or something as the mounting screw will not go in smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Ordered these sights for the P80 / G19 today: XS R3D. We'll see how they do!

Rectangle Font Circle Auto part Electric blue

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 · (Edited)
P80 Channel Finishing - Is the prescribed molded outline far enough? Video!

I just created this video.

You can cut the channel PERFECTLY to the molded outline / guide... But, is it enough?

Video is under 2 minutes (for those of you who are attention-span-deficient)!

I hope this helps some folks! Sorry the audio quality sucks.

Tagging @Caleb @mike_1950

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Nice quick video . I noticed the same thing with my builds, with the rails in place you can clearly see the channel needs more trimming. Mine is nowhere near as clean as yours tho.

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 · (Edited)
Nice quick video . I noticed the same thing with my builds, with the rails in place you can clearly see the channel needs more trimming. Mine is nowhere near as clean as yours tho.

A LOT of the problems many first time builders have (over on the MGB forum) are related to inadequate channel finishing. But, I can see why... the instructions tell you to cut the channel up to the outline molded into the plastic.

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 · (Edited)
I couldn't resist... another bit of bling for the G34. I used photoshop to see how it would look on the pistol.

Before:

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

"After" with new trigger (Photoshop):
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Whattaya think?

·
Registered
7,800 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,664 Posts
Where do the curb feelers go? 🤣

Racer, you know I'm just talking smack! I think your photoshopped version makes your P80 build look even more cool and I say go for it! (y)🤠

• Haha
Reactions: Anduril and racer88

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 · (Edited)
Pretty pins. Pretty, pretty pins.

Just got my L2D Combat pins. Stainless for this build. (I got the gold for my G34 build.)

I like'em! They went right in!
Grey Composite material Rectangle Metal Tints and shades

Sigh... I'm waiting and waiting for Rook Tactical to get their rails back in stock. It's all I need to get this G19 build to completion.

Reactions: BeerHunter
321 - 340 of 369 Posts