Florida Concealed Carry banner
301 - 320 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Cmon, you guys are Glockaholics, although I have been accused of owning one at one time...
All I can say is that if there is an associated "twelve-step" program, we're gonna be here a while. :whistle:

And am I to guess that instead of showing your one-year recovery medallion, you get to show off your 33-round magazine?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 · (Edited)
Build #2 - G19 - mock-up

I've been working on my frame. Still have a bit of fine finishing to do on it.

Black Rectangle Wood Font Gas

Motor vehicle Water Automotive exterior Font Automotive design

My plan was to delay build #2 for a while. No hurry. But, the Zaffiri sales are NOT helping! Got this barrel for $100.

Wood Rectangle Cylinder Automotive tire Tool

Got the ZP.EDC slide before the sales, but still a great deal at $200.

Here it is in "mock-up" form. My first build (G34) leans to the "Gucci" side of the spectrum. My plan for this is more "plain Jane." No optic (no slide cut). More of a work-horse type pistol. But.... we'll see how it evolves!

Photograph Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel

Reactions: artemis

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Build #2 - G19 - mock-up

I've been working on my frame. Still have a bit of fine finishing to do on it.

View attachment 73254

View attachment 73255

My plan was to delay build #2 for a while. No hurry. But, the Zaffiri sales are NOT helping! Got this barrel for $100.

View attachment 73253

Got the ZP.EDC slide before the sales, but still a great deal at $200.

Here it is in "mock-up" form. My first build (G34) leans to the "Gucci" side of the spectrum. My plan for this is more "plain Jane." No optic (no slide cut). More of a work-horse type pistol. But.... we'll see how it evolves!

View attachment 73256
Nice looking slide bro. Nice work on the frame as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
So now you've got what, maybe 25 minutes of your time invested so far on build #2? 🤣 🤪
Ha! Yeah... I haven't been tracking the time, but it's already way more than that, just on the frame. :ROFLMAO:

But, but... the president and the media keep saying it takes only 30 minutes / less than an hour to build one!

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Ha! Yeah... I haven't been tracking the time, but it's already way more than that, just on the frame. :ROFLMAO:

But, but... the president and the media keep saying it takes only 30 minutes / less than an hour to build one!
Yeah; they lie about other things, too. Pretty much whenever they say anything. :mad:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 · (Edited)
Am I weird? Hunting for parts is fun!??

Since the Zaffiri's irresistible sales (slide and barrel) have FORCED me to move Build #2 up, I've been back on the hunt for parts. So far, focusing on just the lower parts. I've actually already got an OEM housing and connector (from when I was sourcing parts for my first build).

I just found an OEM trigger / bar on eBay. Sure... the cost is double, but it's AVAILABLE.

I also just ordered some cool non-OEM parts from NDZ (slide lock, slide release, mag release).

I'm still waiting on Rook Tactical to re-stock their rails! They've been out of stock for quite a while. What's up wit dat?!??

I guess I'm kinda weird (really a foregone conclusion!) but, buying a full LPK or UPK wouldn't be as much fun! They're not available anyway. Maybe the hunt for the individual parts satisfies some primal urge!

OK, guys... whatever you do... Do NOT start building P80s! Holy crap, it's addictive!

• Haha
Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I might have OEM parts laying around, I’ll look this evening if want.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 · (Edited)
Make that a 4th frame in the wings as of this morning (ordered). Found a Cobalt PF45 frame! I had been looking for a while. And, it was priced at $120.
Font Rectangle Gas Automotive exterior Trigger

It can be turned into a .45-ACP (G21SF) or a 10-mm (G20SF). Hmmmmmm... I don't have a 10-mm pistol. I've never even fired one. But, there is an attraction to a big pistol cartridge, eh?

The PF45 won't be built for a while, though. Parts for it are very scarce at the moment. And, well... I gotta feed the family, too.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·

No worries... I've pretty much got what I need (or on order). The only thing I'm waiting for (for the lower) is the Rook Tactical rails. They've been out of stock for a while. Once I get those, the lower is good to go.

Then it will be a matter of the slide parts. Funny... I had two G19 / G23 recoil springs in my range bag.... bought as back-up spares for the Threat-Focused course with Brownie several years ago. Woo-hoooo!

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·

Ha! I just figured out I already have the upper parts (OEM) for the G19 slide. I bought a G17 upper parts kit a while back when they came in stock (briefly) at Brownell's.... just to have it, since I have a G17 frame in the wings. But, the only difference between the G17 and G19 upper parts is the Recoil Spring Assembly. And, I've already got two of those (mentioned earlier). Woohooo! I've got everything I need for the upper!

The only thing left is the Rook Tactical rails to come back in stock, and I've got myself another pistol!

Funny... A while back I bought up some parts while they were available... so many that I forgot what I had!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Ha! I just figured out I already have the upper parts (OEM) for the G19 slide. I bought a G17 upper parts kit a while back when they came in stock (briefly) at Brownell's.... just to have it, since I have a G17 frame in the wings. But, the only difference between the G17 and G19 upper parts is the Recoil Spring Assembly. And, I've already got two of those (mentioned earlier). Woohooo! I've got everything I need for the upper!

The only thing left is the Rook Tactical rails to come back in stock, and I've got myself another pistol!

Funny... A while back I bought up some parts while they were available... so many that I forgot what I had!
Funny what you find in the “junk/parts” drawer!

Wasn’t those rails giving you trouble on the 34 build?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
Funny what you find in the “junk/parts” drawer!

Wasn’t those rails giving you trouble on the 34 build?

Nope. The only "trouble" I had during the build was less-than-ideal sear engagement. That got better when I changed the trigger housing, trigger, and striker to OEM.

The Rook Tactical rails are awesome. They drop right in, whereas the P80 rails almost always need significant "smithing" to get the holes to line up with the frame pin holes.

301 - 320 of 369 Posts