Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post a couple of pics for those that might be interested. I just put the Holosun 407K miniature sight on my P365 XL. It is a red dot with “shake to awake“ features that fits perfectly and comes with the mounting screws for about 200 bucks. It has a 6MO a red dot, it’s sturdy compared to the sig offering, it’s made of aluminum.

The standard size P365 has the sig green laser which works great. It’s the lima 365 and it’s about 200 bucks in green and 150 bucks in red

DM Bullard in Texas makes a nice IWB holster for the 365 with the laser.

If I get the chance tomorrow step up to the range and see which auxiliary sighting mechanism I like better.
117511E0-CA46-45B1-8988-1F8E8EB35274.jpeg
2E356370-36F4-4DB0-B0CA-6AB9F9632C08.jpeg
766866CC-860E-4061-845A-47AA3B10A839.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
27,763 Posts
Nice and looking forward to the range report.🍿

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Nice. I love my P365. So little and light I hardly know it is there. Great little formidable gun.

·
Registered
867 Posts
That looks good. I have a Bullard for a P220-he does nice work IMO. I'd love to hear a report on the XL w/Holosun, been thinking about such a rig.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Cool beans. Holosun makes good sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice find on the holosun. Those are hard to get. it Took me a few months to find mine, and I agree they seem better built than the sig Romeo zero.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It may take me a couple days to shoot. My wife does mediation by zoom and even though the range is a few hundred feet away it’s still pretty disruptive to her.

Full disclosure, I have some weird thing going on with the retina in my right eye. The red dot looks really large and blurry to my right eye or both eyes but small and appropriate with my left eye. My initial impression is that the green laser will work better for me. I think instinct and natural pointing ability gets the pistol where it needs to be for the first “emergency round“ when you fire in defense. With aimed fire, I can see the red dot being helpful and fast compared to regular sights.

Bottom line, I am an admitted “gadget guy“ and easily convinced to buy stuff I may not even need.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That is strange. I noticed the same thing with mine, except my left eye sees the large blob and my right sees the perfect dot.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
I can never seen a crisp red dot on any sight. Mine looks like a snapshot of hot lava splattered on the lens.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would bet that those of you who have the red dot distorted issue have an astigmatism in at least one eye

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would bet that those of you who have the red dot distorted issue have an astigmatism in at least one eye

i Don’t wear glasses (yet) but I do remember being told that I have a slight astigmatism.👍🏻

·
Registered
6,388 Posts

That’s me, both eyes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts