Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Finally, The newest member to the Arsenal

The Sig Sauer P250 Sub compact 9mm with the rail.

It took damn near two weeks to get it to me, but all good things
come to those who wait. So After much and I mean MUCH research,
I choose to go with the P250 SC for EDC.

I ordered this from Buds because it was hard finding the SC with the rail.
There is no price difference in MSRP but, for whatever reason Buds
charged 1$ more for this model, than the standard SC.
There is place in Hialeah that does 15$ transfers, so
the grand total is : 465$

Here is a link to a gallery, more pictures to come:
http://www.omar3design.com/bang/

P250 Info:
http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/pistols-p250.aspx

More to come...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I picked it up yesterday, went to the range, LATE today.
I took some pictures yesterday and some video today. I really
wanted to make a video yesterday but I fell asleep, so today I
decided to stay up.

I got the "rail" version of the SC mostly for the looks. If you
click on the P250 link above, you'll see the different models and
what I'm talking about.

Initial impression about the gun so far, is that it's smooth. Everything
about it, the machining of the slide, the grip finish, the overall simplicity
of it. It shot real good at the range, no problems(FTF, FTE). The DA
trigger takes getting used to but it's not bad at all. It has great
balance, maybe a just a little on the heavy side(being picky).
Also, a little costly, if the cops take it away from me.
And the sights have to go but, for now I have to live with them and just
get better at sighting it up.

I have to load up the range pictures(groupings).
I did alot of shoping around once I made up my mind that this what I wanted.
Even though, lately I've come across a few deals(used M&P's, etc..) that almost threw
me off course.

I stuck with it and so far again, I'm really like this gun alot.

http://youtu.be/cwctPsbqqM8

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I thought maybe it was just me earlier so I left it alone. Guess it wasn't just me. I'm curious as to the "take it away" comment myself. :confused:

-on TapaTalk, please excuse any autocorrected grammatical errors

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
I believe he is referring to if he's involved in a situation where he has to fire his gun in self defense, LE takes the gun as evidence. It's been known in some instances for the return to take a long time, lots of red tape, and if returned...possibly damaged.

That's why some people prefer carrying a less expensive gun and leaving the expensive pieces as their BBQ gun.

·
Banned
11,161 Posts
I had the opportunity to shoot the new Sig P250 Generation 2 pistol a few months ago. I found it to be reliable, accurate and comfortable to shoot. There were no problems noted during the limited amount of time I had to shoot it. And, $465 is down right inexpensive for a good quality defensive handgun. You could have bought two P250s for the price of a single P220, P226 or similar models.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I believe he is referring to if he's involved in a situation where he has to fire his gun in self defense, LE takes the gun as evidence. It's been known in some instances for the return to take a long time, lots of red tape, and if returned...possibly damaged.

That's why some people prefer carrying a less expensive gun and leaving the expensive pieces as their BBQ gun.
Precisely.

This is the gun I carry on me everyday, it should be something
that feel without question, I can depend on. Also, at the same
time it can't be a $$$ 1911, that would just hurt to lose to LE.

Looking at most guns in the under ~400$ range, too many things
just either didn't sit well with me or the ammo capacity was too
low(i.e revolvers, single stack pistols, etc...)

And this not my first gun, the other is a 226 .40SW. An AR build
will begin soon as well.

When it comes to guns, I'm a bit picky because I don't want to own a gun
that I'm not going to enjoy or shoot(unless it is a collectors piece).
My 226 is really nice and will be put away but I will shoot it, every once
in a while.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
I had the opportunity to shoot the new Sig P250 Generation 2 pistol a few months ago. I found it to be reliable, accurate and comfortable to shoot. There were no problems noted during the limited amount of time I had to shoot it. And, $465 is down right inexpensive for a good quality defensive handgun. You could have bought two P250s for the price of a single P220, P226 or similar models.
I recently acquired a P250 9mm 2SUM w/Siglites kit for 499.00 NIB, my wallet was smokin that day because I pulled it out and plunked cash down on the counter so quick.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p250-2sum.aspx

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
OK, I got lazy but finally got around to filming my latest video.

This is the complete breakdown, real easy.
I first took the pistol apart a few weeks ago to practice and it
was easier than I expected.
For whatever reason, I thought it was more difficult when you read the
instructions and /or watch the Sig video. But once, you do yourself just
once, you "get it".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFJIRzVEEtg&feature=youtu.be

Doing these videos just takes practice, notes and a little bit of story boarding.
I keep having to re shoot and this video was two parts b/c I kept f'ing up.

I want to get on the Nutnfancy level on YT, his video's are killer.
:grin

·
Registered
43 Posts
The P250, in my opinion is an excellent pistol. I have the compact in .45 cal and told my daughter to get the 9mm. I plan on getting a 9 in the future to but although I do have other makes, Smith, Ruger, I admit I am partial to Sig.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I love 'em; there's allot of haters out there, but it basically boils down to whether or not you like the trigger.

The only flaw in the 250 system, and it's a big one IMO, is the rear sight assembly. Because the firing pin block is a part of the rear sight assembly, it's very unlikely that there will ever be aftermarket sights along the lines of XS Big Dots available. If you like 3-dots, you're golden. The only aftermarket that I've been able to find is the Hi-Viz fiber-optic front sight. A nice improvement if you have old eyes, but I prefer a vertical sighting index like the XS or Heine Straight 8's.

That said, I've run my compact 9mm through several high round count classes and it gets the job done. I broke it early on (1st gen trigger bar issue), but luckily I was at a class at the SIG Academy when it happened, so they gave me the newer trigger bar and I fixed it over lunch. 3500+ rounds since with no further issues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the P250C in .45 cal and I also love it. Also told my daughter to buy the 250 in 9mm. The 250 is also my everyday carry although there are a few times when I might carry another gun like my 1911, .38 snubby or 3" .357. But my go to is always the 250 and of course I am partial to double action as all of those mentioned are except for the 1911 of course.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
If you guys want a really nice holster for a sig P250 SC or F get ahold of Panther Concealment. I run PC with mine and is the cats meow!
Get it, cats meow - Panther Concealment :)

I have three P250s and are nice and simplistic pistols.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on the 250. You made a great choice! The 250 has an almost cult like following. Those who own them really love them, and those who don't own them hate them. The simplicity of the gun is what drew me to them in the first place.

With over 3000 rounds between them, I have never had a miss of any kind, and I own complete 250s in 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 acp. They are all subcompact configuration, and my favorite is the 40 loaded with 180 gr. Federal HST. I carry that one most.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
I run 2 250 SC and 1 F in 9mm, depending on enviroment I will run a primary IWB SC with another SC as back up due to same mags. and caliber or run the F OWB with SC as bug IWB. I run these pistols in dynamic SD drills with great results.
Give Panther Concealment holsters a look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts