Florida Concealed Carry banner

Out of State Renewal Question

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 ·
I live out of the State of Florida. Just received my Florida CCW renewal package. Local Police here will do the fingerprint card...no problem. My question may seem obvious, but I never assume anything when dealing with state agencys. There is a separate envelope for the fingerprint card. It has the same address as where I send the renewal app (Box 6387 Talahassee). Is it OK to bundle the fingerprint card with the initial renewal application? Thanks.

#3 ·
Just a quick question: Did the fingerprint card come with the renwal package? I ask because I renewed my FL CWFL at my local Tax collectors office almost two years ago. Now, granted, I was a resident by this time. Not that it should mean anything as there is no such thing as FL "Resident" vs "Non Resident" CWFLs. It's the same CWFL, just listing a different address. Point being, when I did the renewal, I was not required to "re-fingerprint" as it had been done with my initial application (this was my 1st renewal after that). Why are they asking you to "re-fingerprint?" Had you submitted valid fingerprints before then?

#4 ·
Correct, but to be clear, as of 2010, there is no address listed on your Florida CWFL, which can be updated here. However, one needs to keep DOACS apprised of their current address, which is also how they know where they send the renewal application to. Regardless, I'm perplexed by the fingerprint card since I didn't think a renewal required new/updated fingerprints. It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure they didn't obtain new fingerprints at my last renewal at a DOAC Regional Office; in and out in less than 15 minutes with my renewed FCWFL in hand! 🤠

#8 ·
You don’t need a new fingerprint, just a new photo and application.

Reactions: Rick McC.
#12 ·
You guys are right. Florida does not issue "resident" or "non-resident" licenses. The only time there is a distinction is at renewal time. Licensees living out of state, need to submit fingerprints for renewals.

I'm glad you found the chat responsive Orange Boy.

#19 ·
Since your address is presumably in Florida, I would not expect DOACS would send a Fingerprint card. :unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.