Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Their opinion, they are welcome to it.

I would agree with them, but then we would be both be wrong?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Constitutional rights are not absolute. Threats to kill someone aren’t protected under free speech. Polygamy isn’t protected under freedom of religion. Unpermitted rallies and marches aren’t protected under freedom of assembly.
Then what protects a reporter from writing a story on a topic they know nothing about and only present one side of the facts? Seems like maybe local governments ought to be able to, being "close to their constituents," make laws that restrain and restrict the First Amendment too, particularly when a paper like the Orland Slantinel and its editorial board have a long history of inventing new facts when the existing ones prove problematic.

I've no doubt it would take waiting only until the next issue hit the newsstands that we'd be lectured by the Slantinel on how First Amendment rights are federal business and beyond the touch of state and local anybodies. Press gets special treatment, empowered with rights beyond any individual citizen. We can only tip over the sacred cows of others, never our own.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
The split between this country is getting wider each day. :popcorn

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
I wonder how they feel about Sheriffs enforcing federal immigration laws?

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
I lived in Orlando for over 30 years and after 5 years I had to cancel my subscription because it was so far left there was no right, they suck.

·
Super Moderator
27,123 Posts
I wonder how they feel about Sheriffs enforcing federal immigration laws?
Bingo. Of course, they only want the sheriffs enforcing laws they agree with. SCROOM!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I lived in Orlando for over 30 years and after 5 years I had to cancel my subscription because it was so far left there was no right, they suck.
A few months ago they had an editorial stating they’d endorse anyone but Trump in the upcoming election because, “they’d had enough.” You can’t be anymore infantile than that.

Like all leftist rags, they’ve gone over the top with blatant bias. Their Trump Derangement Syndrome is on full display every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,230 Posts
A few months ago they had an editorial stating they’d endorse anyone but Trump in the upcoming election because, “they’d had enough.” You can’t be anymore infantile than that.
Welp! Trump DID warn them that they'd get "tired of winning so much."

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Maybe the writer of the article should join the police and enforce said laws if it means that much to them. I'm sure their smug attitude will go over real well when they try to lecture someone to death. Both Sentinel newspapers are basically Pravda at this point.

I wish Pinochet was still around and retired to the US. :rofl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts