Florida Concealed Carry banner

Oppose Chipman ATF Nomination

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Ronnie948 
#1 ·
I copied and pasted this from an email I just received. LET"S TAKE ACTION NOW!

Oppose Chipman ATF Nomination
The administration has nominated a gun-grabber to head the ATF! We need you to act now!

How high will your NFA bill go?

How many ARs do you own?
How about AKs? Scorpions? M1As? Mp5 clones? Tavors?
Got a pistol brace?
How many magazines do you own that are capable of holding more than 10
rounds?

Joe Biden wants every single “assault weapon” – and it’s up to him and the
Democrat-controlled Congress to define the term – regulated under the National
Firearms Act. He wants standard-capacity magazines registered with NFA too – as
if that’s even possible.

The NFA currently requires a $200 payment for every single item in the registry.
So, for most gun owners – if they’re forced to register their firearms and mags it
will be an expensive proposition, likely costing tens of thousands of dollars.
Sure, it’s easy to say you won’t comply, but that’s not the point. We at Florida
Carry don’t want our members to be put in that position. We don’t want anyone to
have to choose between obeying the law or becoming a federal felon. We want to
derail that train long before it leaves the station.

Unfortunately for gun owners, Biden has found the perfect little troll to help him
carry out his nefarious plans – David Chipman – whom he nominated to run the
ATF.

Chipman is a shifty little fella who has dedicated his entire life to infringing upon
your Second Amendment rights, first as an ATF agent and later as a paid anti-gun
activist for Everytown and the Giffords.

During his confirmation hearing, Chipman couldn’t even define an “assault
weapon,” but he was adamant he wants them banned. Putting him in charge of
ATF would be worse than picking shock-jock Howard Stern to run the FCC.
As gun owners who treasure our liberty, we cannot allow the Senate to approve
Biden’s nominee – period.

How can you help?

As switched-on members of Florida Carry, we assume you’ve already contacted
Senators Marco Rubio and Rick Scott and told them to oppose Chipman’s
nomination, but we need more than that.

We’re asking you to call the Senators’ field offices too – they each have several –
and tell them you oppose Chipman’s nomination. Quite frankly, all we are to the
Senate staffer is a checkmark in their daily pro/con tallies, so you might as well
become a few checkmarks in a few tallies, instead of just one. Please get your
family and friends involved too.

Neither Rubio nor Scott is a dependable Second Amendment supporter. Rubio
recently introduced a federal red-flag bill, and we all know what Scott signed
before he left the governor’s office – the most comprehensive and sweeping anti-
gun bill ever signed into law in the history of Florida. Therefore, they both need to
be reminded that Florida is still the “Gunshine State,” and those gun owners won’t
support anyone who infringes upon our God-given Second Amendment rights.
If you can do more, there are links in this email with which you can send video and
audio messages to Rubio and Scott. The more you can do the safer our gun rights
become.

We’re at an important crossroads. If the Senate rejects Biden’s nominee it will
send a powerful message to the gun grabbers that the people reject their anti-gun
antics. If Chipman gets confirmed, start counting your mags and get your
checkbook handy
Respectfully,

Your Florida Carry Board of Directors

Senator Marco Rubio

DC Office - ( 202) 224-3041
Orlando Office - (407) 254-2573
Miami Office - (305) 596-4224
Tampa Office - (813) 947-6288
Jacksonville Office - (904) 354-4300
Pensacola Office - (850) 433-2603
Tallahassee Office - (850) 599-9100
Palm Beach Office - (561) 775 3360
Fort Myers Office - (239) 318-6464

Senator Rick Scott

DC Office - (202) 224-5274
Tallahassee Office - (850) 942-8415
Tampa Office - (813) 225-7040
Naples Office - (239) 231-7890
Orlando Office - (407) 872-7161
W Palm Beach Office - (561) 514-0189
Kissimmee Office - (407) 586-7879
Pensacola Office - (850) 760-5151
Miami Office - (786) 501-7141
Jacksonville Office - (904) 479-7227

About Florida Carry, Inc.: Florida Carry is a Florida nonprofit, non-partisan, grassroots organization founded in 2010. Florida Carry is dedicated to advancing the fundamental civil right of all Floridians to keep and bear arms for self-defense as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Florida. In 2016 Florida Carry was named the Grassroots Organization of the Year by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Florida Carry, Inc. was organized in order to better coordinate activities, effectively lobby the state legislature, and to provide a legal entity capable of filing suit to demand compliance with state and federal law. Florida Carry stands to represent our members, millions of gun owners, and the countless knife and defensive weapon carriers of Florida. We are not beholden to any national organization's agenda that may compromise that mission. Florida Carry is the state's largest independent second amendment advocacy organization.

Florida Carry | PO Box 1024, Lehigh Acres, Fl, 33907-1024 | FloridaCarry.org

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Well i am sick and tired of the BS this idiot is spouting about everything . When I addressed something similar , most on here said they do not have the manpower to even implement it . What are we talking about millions of owners in the U.S. ? .. They can kiss my "Red White and Blue Butt" [ Fruit Loops ] !

Now , every Modern gun i have has not only been cleared by Florida , but the 4473 form is in most if not all Transfer 01 gunshops .. I believe that form is a Federal one , stemming from the BATF in Atlanta Ga ? ..So in essence if that's correct , they Already have the information in their computers somewhere .

Never mind the added BS with any firearm that shoots over 2,000 FPS ! My Lord , that's about Every single firearm , except for BB guns . Shark says 'make some noise' -Correct & I say let these Butt wipes try to force me to comply with this insidious Commie Left Wing Crap . At my age i don't give a rollin' at a flying' donut . Also I do not give a damn about my B.P. going up , It's worth it , and WE All have Earned the Right to fight , albeit the Court System That 'They' seem To Own now

P.S. When i got drafted in '65 -'67 , I was willing to lay down my life for this country . I will do the same to Uphold my 2 A rights as well . I'm ready to PUKE.
Yes my friends , THIS is the OTHER side of me !.. I'm So Pissed off :mad:. SO , Contact your Senators to try to slow down any more destruction of our 2A rights.

#5 · (Edited)
You Betcha they did ! ,, Now these idiots are calling it Voter Suppression ? That's because of What they did during the last election , Dumping votes , not Counting votes and Mailing out Multiple blank ballots to the same address . It was proven in many states that DEAD people got them and sent them BACK IN ? ? ? . Now that's a trick I'd love to see .This is UNREAL :mad:

Well if that's the outcome so be it . This time around , NO 'north and south' , Just Law abiding citizens trying to protect their 2A Constitutional Rights . So what are the Dumbocrats doing Now , Trying to destroy the Whole Constitution and every amendment in it . RINO'S Galore and who is suffering now ? Yep you got it , WE The People Are the one's that's who . That's going to have to STOP very very Soon Too !

P.S. - I hate to bring politics into this site , BUT this hits right between the eyes. Not just US , but All who are going to follow us as well . Yes Our Children/ Grand children and Their's also . Wake Up America and Now !

#7 · (Edited)
Old Farmer , THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ! .. Actually this brought tears to my eyes & that is the TRUTH ! . This is to be Archived and i will keep playing this over and over ! . I know this post / reply hasn't been up very long , BUT where are all the other's on here to chime in ? . I've heard from the same few and bless them for speaking their minds . Let the song above Ring Out Forever (y)

Is it the Red Flag laws they're afraid of ? Screw their Oppression of the MEN and WOMEN who Fought And Served for this country and many DIED as well ! I Want to Hear from the other FCC members on here to chime in with Contacting their Senators as #'s listed above .

This May be the Single Largest Destruction of OUR Government and It's Constitution ! Use your 1st Amendment rights and Let me Hear Your Voices . We have Fought Many Wars & the 'Do Gooder's' All Stayed Home :mad: .. Contact your Senators Now to try and stop all Future Assaults on our 2A rights(y)

#8 ·
Gunner, I'm certain virtually everyone here agrees completely this is a real travesty, but bear in mind anyone's words written here on this forum don't amount to much to affect the outcome you seek. It's only through actual political activism that may affect change. Words written here on FCC are just words to an internet forum with a limited audience, and none of that audience has any power to directly affect those political outcomes.

#11 ·
OK , understood then . I will not waste anymore of my time, trying to rile up support to get in touch with our political bases then . You are correct i guess , as our votes do not count anymore & the country is doomed.

#12 ·
I have written both our senators, Joe Manchin , Jon Tester, Susan Collins and Kyrsten Sinema to oppose Chipman. They need to hear our voices.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkF
Thank you much Mamiela , hopefully your written words have more weight than the rest of the members on here . The silent majority has never won anything that i know of . Bless you for trying to make Your Words Count at least from here . They Do Matter to Me for example . ;) I guess we should not be discussing Political matters , as this site is for all facets of 2A related things .

That's until we wake up and that Amendment has been destroyed . As one member has stated , then all we legally own shall become 'Paper Weights' . 'They' said this could not ever happen , stay tuned & get out the 🍿

#15 ·
Understood. We need the Senate to reject this Chipman nomination, but we need both Houses of Congress to work within the U.S. Constitution instead of trying to circumvent it! :mad:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER
#16 ·
BH - A BIG Thankyou for this statement ! If i had posed my posts/ replies towards that end , i could've saved a lot of paragraphs . As usual , you have the talent for writing things eloquently and more easily understood .

Now you have understood my meaning , and You have participated & spoken your mind . This was my target of participation i was trying to elude to . Also
YES you should be mad , DAMN Mad as i am . I appreciate Your Chiming in (y)(y)(y)🍻🍻🇺🇸🇺🇸

P. S. - Your Words 'Do Matter' on here , and hopefully more than just me . 🎯

#18 ·
Hi Ronnie .. As you well know by now , This idiot doesn't know **** from shinolla. It figures , another 'mouthpiece' [ no malice intended Shark ] for the Dim's .

This is like Hitler , choosing a Doppelganger for his cabinet . Loser , Loser , Loser (y)

#19 ·
Make no mistake, the guy is plenty smart. He is cagey and clever and hard to pin down with the questioning. He is dangerous because he leans strongly one way. Sadly, we are, by necessity, adopting the same arguments used against Trump court nominees, that the the party in control is nominating someone who leans too much toward their views.

It would be nice to see a nominee more middle of the road but, our political system doesn’t really allow that anymore it seems.

#23 ·
It would not be sooooo horrible if the people writing these bills had any at all knowledge of what they were writing a law against.
You would think that they would at least educate themselves on a subject but they don't.
Same for the Soros paid wimmin and puppet men that have absolutely no knowledge of firearms.
Ronnie

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.