Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice as to what I can possibly do.
My details as of today:
Permit issued 7/25/2021
8/13/21 I contacted Dept of Ag asking when I would receive permit, agent told me it was mailed 7/26/2021. I said I have not received it. Agent said it may have been lost in the mail. Agent also said they cannot send out a new permit until 30 days after 7/26/21 mailing, contact Dept of Ag again on 8/26/21. I said what is to say it doesn’t get “lost again”. Agent response was contact USPS. I contacted USPS, they said they cannot help me without a tracking number. I said to USPS that if permits are mailed first class mail, no tracking number is given, what about that? USPS basically told me to go away.
8/15/21 I sent a message to Governors office explaining situation. Usual robo-response back.
8/16/21, 8/17/21, 8/18/21,8/19/21, and 8/20/21 I have sent complaints via the Dept of Ag “contact us” page outlining issue.
Any more I can do? Or just wait until 8/26/21 for the runaround to start again?
Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I would see if you could get it directly in hand at a regional office near you? Not sure if that is an option but I’d inquire and if so, it would be cash and carry out the door in hand.

I’m sorry your getting the run around. Another reason for constitutional carry in my opinion. I hope you can get it resolve very soon or it shows up in your mail box quickly.

My renewal is next August I believe. I’m planning on making an appointent at the regional center, Tampa?, and going in person to renew so I can walk out with it in hand.

Not sure if yours is new or a renewal or if that really matters? :unsure:

Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
I wonder if the Dept of Ag can at least give you your license number so you can carry till you receive the actual license? Maybe this way if need be you can at least prove your licensed with the number?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I wonder if if would be possible to go to the office and have it replaced as if you lost it or it was destroyed. They might just print you out another one for a small fee.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm going to send out positive vibes and predict your license will be in tomorrow's mail. :love:

But personally, I probably wouldn't carry without the actual license in-hand.
Yup, I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure I read you MUST have your physical ID with you at all times while carrying. Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Good luck

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Correct. You must keep the license with you, with separate ID.

Per FL 790.06:
"The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE
Since 8/13/2021, I have been waiting for today (8/26/2021) to call the Florida Dept of Agriculture per their instructions. Since 8/13/2021, I have been contacting Florida Dept of Agriculture via email and their website “contact us” EVERY day after checking my mailbox. I have also contacted the Governors office as well, EVERY day.
So, I planned on contacting the FDACS office this morning, after morning routine and coffee. Well, I coincidently received a phone call this morning, first thing this morning, from the Regulatory Supervisor/Consultant, Division of Licensing, FDACS in Tallahassee. Exactly on the day I was to call, per their “30 day” timeline. I find this suspicous and part of a plan to delay getting that card in my hand. Sure, FDACS is monitored and graded on doing their job by law, but if there is a way to delay, they will. Basically the guy threw the USPS under the bus for not delivering.
I think my license was issued, to show that FDACS is doing their job and not violating rights, but is then NOT mailing out licenses, to delay as much as possible. If someone questions this, the “lost in the mail” excuse comes out. No way to prove it was not mailed. If a citizen presses the issue, monitors what FDACS is doing, and persists, they then actually mail out the issued license. I was told today a “replacement” license will be mailed out today via same USPS method and should arrive with 12 days. If not received, contact us. I questioned this method asking what assurances will you give me on delivery, and was told this is our mailing method, we hand it off to the USPS and that’s that. Hopefully will update forum with good news within 12 days!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I do have to say that the PO has been having a lot of problems with lost mail lately. I've experienced this both myself and through an older lady I do some work for. She still writes checks for all her utilities and other bills. She has me drive them to the PO and take them inside to mail because she doesn't trust the carriers or even the blue boxes. She's had several of these bills get lost on the way this year. Customer service from the local utilities has told her it's happening a lot this year.

I don't know what's happening here but it is possible it just got "lost" on the way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Updated update.
Today 9/4, card received in mailbox!
My timeline:
3/8/2021 Class taken, searched for first available appointment within 1 hour drive for application process.
6/14/2021 First available appointment, Doral office, application process complete.
7/25/2021 Permit issued.
9/4/2021 Permit received in mailbox.

I still think that Nikki was issuing permits timely, to make her numbers look good for her Governor campaign, but flat out not mailing cards out. I am not buying the "lost in the mail excuse". She does not want to give these permits out, but has to. Delay and make a citizen fight for their right is her agenda, in my opinion. I now LOVE the fact that my CCW permit has an anti-gun Liberal signature of issuance on it! Carry on folks.

SOS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts