Florida Concealed Carry banner

Opinion Needed on New Purchase

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Rick McC. 
#1 ·
After reading the post by Shooter4, I was intrigued. I have a 1911, 4" Kimber (one of the early ones that works). But I am thinking of going for a 1911 that is old school. I saw this and thought I would get the enlightened members to steer me in the right direction.,....This or the one that Shooter4 posted about. Give me some insight...pros and cons....and no I cant afford a high priced 1911 like a lot of you have. Thank You for your Knowledge....ebl

https://www.classicfirearms.com/col...0190609NewProductsAdded&utm_content=Secondary

#4 ·
I have a Colt Custom Shop "milspec" but in fact isn't exactly since the sights are not quite what the original milspec had. However, it's a great shooter that I like almost as much as my SA, which is not at all a "milspec." However, I agree with Caleb that the SA "milspec" is likely the better buy. I know some people don't like SA for some of their decisions that seemed to not support 2A, but that wouldn't keep me from buying one of their firearms. Alternatively, if you don't mind a "close to" MILSPEC but non-parkerized 1911, you might check out: https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/auto-ordnance/pistols/1911/. They no longer make the parkerized version that brownie got a few years ago. :grin

#5 ·
To echo what the others have said, SA makes a fine 1911. That said, as I recall, you are a huge Colt fan.

So, if it had to be a Colt, go for it!

I would shop around before buying anything from "Sweaty Ben" at Classic Firearms though. :grin

#8 ·
What Earl said. Try Bud's, then Grab a gun. I too would choose Springfield over Colt these days, sorry to say

#11 ·
I bought a S&W "E-class" in SS no problems an for less than the colt, kind of sweat proof. There was a sale on grab a gun 725$ last week it has fish scales to grip the slide real pretty gun it would be my first choice if I didn't have one.

#12 · (Edited)
It’s blued :thumbsdwn it’s overpriced. Get the parts and an SA. Series 80 safety, blackstrap is wrong. The SA needs the trigger upgrade parts and it’s good to go!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.