Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I recently attended one of the "Open Carry Saturday" get togethers last week (in Fort Myers) and it was a very good experience.

I did meet some nice people, we did a bit of fishing, actually we did a bit of "casting" as none of us could catch anything!

Some good bits of information got collected and it was an enjoyable time.

As I had that nice tarpon rod strapped to the back of the motorcycle and a small break-down Daiwa rig in my right bag, I elected to "open carry" on the ride home.

Nobody called in a "911" report of a motorcycle guy with a gun or anything out of the ordinary like that.

A lot of vehicle traffic on US 41 all the way home and the only thing different for me was that I didn't speed while headed home at all for the first time in a very long time!

I do believe I'll attend several more "Open Carry Saturdays" in the future.

AD

·
Registered
20,601 Posts
i was curious about the open carry on the motorcycle...i could see it going very wrong but am glad to see someone else giving it a try...after riding for a couple of hours on 75 one day with my shirt above my carry and no trouboe i figured it probably wouldnt raise too many eybrows...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Sounds like you had fun !
What kind of bike are you riding ?

Wish we had that kind of event in my neck of the woods ...

·
Registered
6,669 Posts

Host one! Join up with Florida Open Carry on Meetup.com. There are a couple of PBC people interested, but no one has hosted an event yet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think it would be a good think to have an open carry law in Florida. It would help clueless people to openly view guns and be desensitized to them.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
All,

I did meet some nice people, we did a bit of fishing, actually we did a bit of "casting" as none of us could catch anything!

Some good bits of information got collected and it was an enjoyable time.

I do believe I'll attend several more "Open Carry Saturdays" in the future.

AD
I had fun and met some very nice people and I plan on attending Saturday, Jan. 8th at Centennial Park , 2000 West First St
Fort Myers, FL 33901
How to find us
"We'll be on the fishing pier, directly east of the main parking lot under the US-41 overpass." :dancingbanana

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

My current "road" bike is a BMW R1200RT.

Also push a Suzuki 350 enduro around and am in the process of finishing up a 1969 Honda CL-350 Scrambler.

AD

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All,

If you're interested in an Open Carry Fishing Event, it's looking like a good weather Saturday coming up at the end of the week.

Get involved. It's free, it's fun and somebody around here might even catch a fish one of these days!!

AD

·
Registered
46 Posts
i will be fishing... SHARK fishin in BOCA GRAND. on the open carry days, what do you put in the holsters? cant be the real firearms... or did i miss somthing?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
i will be fishing... SHARK fishin in BOCA GRAND. on the open carry days, what do you put in the holsters? cant be the real firearms... or did i miss somthing?
Not sure if serious...but yes real firearms, not the safe queens that you be afraid to get a little water on.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi all,

In case anybody wanted to know, we've got plenty of space at this Saturday's Open Carry Event in Fort Myers.

I think Rich brought donuts last time but he also used them for bait or something but they didn't work.

Anyway, if you're in or around the Fort Myers area, we'll be there from 10am until noon to try to catch the first fish of the season and get all the latest legislative updates from Rich.

AD

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Hi all,

In case anybody wanted to know, we've got plenty of space at this Saturday's Open Carry Event in Fort Myers.

I think Rich brought donuts last time but he also used them for bait or something but they didn't work.

Anyway, if you're in or around the Fort Myers area, we'll be there from 10am until noon to try to catch the first fish of the season and get all the latest legislative updates from Rich.

AD
Thanks Andy!

I'm going to be bringing some brochures and cards, since we'll be along the bank this time. Don't want to ruffle the peaceful villagers too terribly much.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Jacksonville FYI

Two of us showed up last Saturday for the Jacksonville Open Carry Fishing Event. We stayed thru some drizzle then called it quits near 12 just as the real rain was about to pour down from the heavens. We could report that at least two more folks ('sides us) are educated on OC. One of them is the security guard, who claims to have a CWFL, but didn't know about OC for hunting, camping & fishing. Douglas drove up from Gainesville to attend, so he has a little more of a story than my 15 min drive.

I am hoping to be there for the March OC Fishing Event at Metro Park - having to coordinate the calendar with She Who Must Be Obeyed. Would love to meet a few more Jax area FCC'ers, but understand scheduling.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Two questions;

1. Where may I find more info on the Tampa event?
  2. What do I need to do to host one in Lakeland?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts