Florida Concealed Carry banner

Open carry in FL...any new info?

10531 Views 96 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  NkmG19
I am fairly new to this forum, so this may have been cussed and discussed in previous threads. However, does anyone have any reliable knowledge if the open carry effort is going anywhere in our state?

Thanks, BC
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 97 Posts
Gotta go with Brownie and Deadeye on this. Sometimes I just don't feel like going to grab another shirt when I need to run to the store for a gallon of moo-juice or a twelve-pack of soda.

I've OCd here (when it was legal), in AZ, GA and VA, where and when appropriate. Never had an incident.

A lot of folks have the false impression that OCing = 'shoot me first'. Well, it's just never happened.

To each their own. I'd probably OC if it were legal here, but wouldn't make a daily habbit of it.
Geez....don't login in for two lousy days and look what I miss!

Ummmm....interesting thread, folks!
Well said, John.

It's more comfortable to be open carrying than trying to hide the gun when it's 118 degrees out here in the summer.

Brownie

Yeah, but it's a DRY heat! :rolf
Rvrctyrngr,

Yeah, but it's a DRY heat! :thumsup

I don't find it at all unpleasant to physically exert myself mucking the corral or doing yard work up to about 93 degrees. It's not even that bad till the mercury reaches 97 or so, but after about 102 it's starting to get uncomfortable and by 106 it's time to find shade under a Palo Verde somewhere.

I've got a two hour lesson with a couple from Canada mid morning today. I'll be open carrying my custom made modern gunfighter rig to the local stop and rob for java, then on to the gun shop to meet them there, and head up to the Rio Salado range for a few hours on one of the private bays for some handhold,trigger control and sight alignment instruction.

Open carry-------it's not just a job, it's an adventure :rolf

Brownie
Well, in June in Orlando, you'll probably see mid-90s with 2000% humidity. Training K9s in that kind of heat wearing a full body suit is...ummmm....interesting.

Glad the class is INDOORS!!!!! The older I get, I harder it is to deal with that mess.
Pray tell, Mr. RKBA, what would you have us anti-gun lemmings do? Open carry in defiance of the law? Yeah, that'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

So far you have added nothing in the way of insightful perspective as to concealed carry in the State of Florida, which is what this website is all about. Perhaps you would be so courageous as to tell us where you live and/or what state you hail from that has such better gun laws.
Meh. Don't much care where he comes from or where he currently resides.

I would like to remind him, however, that I-95 DOES have Northbound lanes that are fully open for use whenever he wishes to utilize them.
1 - 6 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.