Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other post regarding trijion night sights reminded me..

What I bought was a Beretta 96D Centurian. I know they've been out of production since around 2000 maybe a little earlier.

The gun was sold as new, but, significantly marked down..and it was an impulse buy, (I went there to pick up some ammo for a buddy, *they were out*, I noticed it in the case, it fit my budget and had the features I've been after..:rolleyes:) So, I didn't have the opportunity to research it before hand, so, I had to take their word for it..... However, since the trijion night sights has a date stamp of 92, it's possible the thing could be much older..

How is it possible that this gun could be brand new and yet that old??

It had all the proper tags, the box was worn, but, the gun has virtually NO wear other than a couple handling dings.

Is it possible for something to sit around in warehouses THAT long? Or have I been swindled?

NOTE**I sold and/or traded a few things that were given to me to pay for it, so, in a manner of speaking, I really paid nothing. But, it would be the principal of it.. This is a pretty major store, and they've never let me down or anyone I've known.

· Registered
480 Posts
It's called "New Old Stock" and is actually fairly common in a lot of industries. Years ago, when my brother worked for GM, he could get NOS parts for cars that were 50 years old.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.