Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good read. One of the important points that he makes, that a lot of people seem to miss, is that the sheep generally don't like sheepdogs and are almost as afraid of them as they are of the wolves. They don't distinguish between "good guys" and "bad guys." They only see "sheep" and "not-sheep," and they are very afraid of all of the "not-sheep."

We all need to keep that in mind when we are talking to the antis.
^this

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Brownie, this was a great thread! It was refreshing to see a non-negative definition of sheep. I am even guilty of using the term sheep in a negative context, and it really shouldn't be or need to be. It was thought provoking, thank you very much.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
A great thread, with good comments and insight by all.

Thanks, brownie!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the pleasure of attending one of his seminars in Kissimmee, back around 2000 or so (+/-). It was LE only with at least one other guest speaker from Orange County SO who had been in a recent life or death gunfight.

Steel sharpens Steel.

I was fortunate that my agency was very serious about officer safety, shooting, and defensive tactics. We had excellent, experienced trainers.

·
Super Moderator
30,374 Posts
I had the pleasure of attending one of his seminars in Kissimmee, back around 2000 or so (+/-). It was LE only with at least one other guest speaker from Orange County SO who had been in a recent life or death gunfight.

Steel sharpens Steel.

I was fortunate that my agency was very serious about officer safety, shooting, and defensive tactics. We had excellent, experienced trainers.
Nice Necro post in a 7 year old thread instead of Sharks similar thread starting this morning: Sheepdogs, Wolves and Sheep in society.

·
Super Moderator
30,374 Posts
Well, give me a demerit, or whatever the appropriate punishment is. It showed in my feed...Or maybe I was in the newer thread and clicked on this one.
Not to worry, but please read the last paragraph of my welcome post here. It explains what you might be thinking of as "your feed" and how people get caught out posting in Necro threads.

·
Registered
14,175 Posts
Not a fan. Grossman, although a great wordsmith. Has never seen the elephant.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I’ve been the subject and I have been counsel for those that totally ignored my advice and blabbed everything they knew. Very bizarre, some just don’t listen.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I’ve been the subject and I have been counsel for those that totally ignored my advice and blabbed everything they knew. Very bizarre, some just don’t listen.
As Ron White says in one of his routines: "I had the right to remain silent... I just didn't have the ability."

Seems that applies to a lot of folks.

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
Had a pretty good friend end up in IA as an investigator. Always wondered what they held over his head. :unsure:

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I remember saying that they had to layoff one of the IA investigators at the Orlando police Department when a friend of mine retired. Every time he turned around and there was another case against him.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts