Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been carrying my Ruger SP101 in a Old Faithful holster for some time & I love it. So much so I just ordered another one for my Glock 26. It's very comfortable, quality materials & very affordable compared to similar holster in it's catagory. If you're in the market & have the means I highly suggest giving them a shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got the kit. Judging by the how-to video on their website, they had already performed a few of the initial steps, so it was a real piece of cake to put mine together. Saved about half the cost. YMMV, of course.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did buy the kit that required assembly. It took about ten minutes with some simple hand tools. I can't wait to get my new holster in, they must be busy because it won't ship until 06/07-06/21. These holster are great quality at an unbelievably reasonable price for today's market & I highly recommend them. I'm thinking of getting one for a full size pistol just because & if they don't make one for the particular pistol I may buy the mold your own kit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received my new Old Faithful Holster yesterday & put it together this morning. Since I did it once already it was a snap, it took me all of five minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good. Do you find that the metal clips wear on your belt?
Not at all. I've been wearing one for around 6 months with the much heavier Ruger SP101 & it has been great.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Metal clips do some light scratching on belts. I've found kydex clips do less damage. Also there not as hard On Your leather car/couch seats.
My shirt always covers my belt & the clips so I've never had an issue with the leather in my car. I haven't noticed any scratches on my belt but I can see how kydex would help.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a Old Faithful I bought as a kit for my Bersa Thunder .380 and it is a great holster. I also like the Remora tuckable holster. These are my favorite two holsters.

:popcorn

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gonna order an Old Faithful belt kit in the next couple weeks. I like that it is plain so I can stamp my name in it & dye it any color I choose.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just finished a Old Faithful gun belt recently. I got the double stitching. Let me tell you when you get it finish it properly: Get Dye Prep to put on the belt before you dye it, then dye it. Also get leather sealer to put on after you dye it. Also get an edge beveler (from amazon.com) they are not expensive and last but not least get some gum tragacanth and a nylon edge slicker.
Now when you finish it you will have one nice belt. There are videos online about edge slicking and edge beveling, they are not hard to do and give you a more professional looking belt.

:thumsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts