Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the handgunslaw website and I think I am OK but I wanted to run this with you all just to make sure. :grin

I will be driving to Indiana through GA, TN, and KY via I-75, I-24, and I-65. I am staying overnight in TN on one day.

As far as I can tell I can conceal carry in GA, TN, KY, and IN with no issues or reporting to anyone. The only thing or restriction to be aware of in GA and IN is that no other weapon, other than a handgun, is allowed.

Am I good to go? I will be carrying on my person or by placing the gun in the glove compartment. Also, does it matter if I am not the one doing the driving? I have other people that will share driving duties.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Everyone with a carry license and a smart phone needs this app. Concealed Carry 50 state

You enter your permit(s) and it shows which states you can and can't carry into.
It shows the statutes for all 50 states as well as highlighting the important parts like prohibited places, duty to inform, open carry etc...
It shows transport laws for all states so you can legally transport through states that don't recognize our licenses.
Planning your trip ahead of time is fine but things happen. If you end up going into another state you can check the app from the road to make sure you're in compliance.

Any time I have a question I just whip out the phone and have an answer.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Should be good to go all the way.

Allan

·
Super Moderator
6,260 Posts
I just made this trip in July. No issues through any of those states. But be aware that if you decide to go through Ohio that it is a state that you must declare.

Also, you could carry a knife, but I found that none of those states preempts, so it's pretty difficult to keep track of where you can or can't carry certain knives. I just stuck to a common no assist pocket knife that my grandfather gave me when I was a kid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent! Thanks to you all.

Although I do not travel that often out of state, I installed the app. It is good reference to have. I have a few websites bookmarked but the app is a nice first, quick look.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I too just made this trip, minus the Indiana leg. No issues. I decided like Edgehill to only carry a common pocket knife on me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Trip completed. I felt at ease carrying after learning that it was all good and lawful. We made a stop at The Outpost Armory in Christiana, TN for some fun sightseeing. Nice store right alongside I-24 between Chattanooga and Nashville. But geeezzz! Sales taxes are a killer at 10%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts