Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been curious about what people carry concealed. Now that more and more people are carrying, just what type of jobs do they hold? I think we have to agree that most people who carry must have jobs since it does cost money to own and shoot guns.

Give a shout and let us know what kind of work you do.
No need to name the company you work for, just something like "Drive a Tractor-Trailer, or Lawyer, or work in a grocery store.

Will be interesting to see the occupations who carry.

:2thumsup

·
Registered
55,003 Posts
All walks of life carry firearms across the US. Name an occupation, it's unlikely there aren't people carrying.

·
Super Moderator
6,147 Posts
I am a stay-at-home-fulltime homeschooling mom of teenagers.

I carry at school because I can.

My son carries at least two pocket knives at all times because he can.

:grin

·
Registered
400 Posts
Stay at home mom to too a 22 yr old with Asperger Syndrome and 17 year old with Anxiety/Panic attacks just approved for Social Security Disability myself. Formerly Facilitator,Quality Control and Shipping manager at a Safetysign company in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Hats off to you stay-at-home moms... you have the hardest and most important job

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Office work.

I think the more appropriate question would be, what professions do not carry. It would be a much shorter list, and it would be the jobs restricted by law to carry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Truck driver currently between jobs thanks to Obamacare making employers leery of Hiring of new employees and Co.I work for went bankrupt

·
Registered
298 Posts
Retail. I was a sign maker in Port St. Lucie when the real estate bubble popped. Since then I took jobs that I could get and kept a retail job as means to a steady check.

·
Registered
20,675 Posts
automotive service manager...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Firefighter/Paramedic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
I think this is a too general question. Brian is right that those who do not carry due to their proffession would give a shorter list, but that doesn't mean anything either. I don't carry due to my work AT work. But I CC everywhere else. Same with University and college employees, teachers, postal service workers etc... Maybe you should have poll in general fields and would have a better idea...JMO

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm thinking he is looking for more of a "demographic" of people who carry rather than who carries "at work".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Production manager at book publishing company.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Sales/Management right now. Back to being a full-time student in about two months.

Might pick up some side work waiting tables, parking cars, lifeguarding, or something of the sort to bring in a few hundred extra bucks per month.

It'll all depend on my class load, PELL grant, etc.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts