Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Most malls can barely afford to keep their doors open anymore; they're not going to invest in that kind of technology. And it does nothing to deter this kind of crap...which is one of the real issues keeping shoppers away.

‘It was chaos’: Clay County deputies close Orange Park Mall due to teens causing disturbances (news4jax.com)
Packs of teens are become a real issue in lots of areas. I just got off Carnival last week and they had just initiated a curfew for minors in all public spaces at one am unless accompanied by an adult. Too many reports of minors running around in pack in the public spaces disturbing the other guests. Also running up and down passenger halls and knocking on cabin doors at all hours of the morning just being a general pain.

Unfortunately, they ruin it for themselves. And where are the parents of these kids at that hour of the morning? :unsure:

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Packs of teens are become a real issue in lots of areas. I just got off Carnival last week and they had just initiated a curfew for minors in all public spaces at one am unless accompanied by an adult. Too many reports of minors running around in pack in the public spaces disturbing the other guests. Also running up and down passenger halls and knocking on cabin doors at all hours of the morning just being a general pain.

Unfortunately, they ruin it for themselves. And where are the parents of these kids at that hour of the morning? :unsure:
Well, that's what you get for going on a Carnival cruise. Stick to Royal Caribbean and you won't have that problem. :LOL:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The inside mall just died in beautiful St. Augustine, it's being converted to housing. Should be interesting.
Geoff
Who remembers when a strip shopping center was converted to an indoor mall, in Fairview Park Ohio.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
^ Not to get all nostalgic..., but the huge Regency Square Mall in Jacksonville, FL is DEAD.
I grew up there, and remember a time when the mall was thriving.
According to this article, at one time, one of the most successful malls in the country.

A drive-by does it justice. The whole place is now basically abandoned.
There are few stores, but not any place you would want to go shop.
Section-8 housing up. Crime up. Don't venture out at night.
The whole of Jacksonville has really turned into one giant turd -- not that it was ever much to begin with.

Notice the total lack of customers and cars in the parking lot in this Google Image:

Urban design Land lot World Residential area Landscape

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
^ Not to get all nostalgic..., but the huge Regency Square Mall in Jacksonville, FL is DEAD.
According to this article, at one time, one of the most successful malls in the country.

The whole of Jacksonville has really turned into one giant turd -- not that it was ever much to begin with.

Notice the total lack of customers and cars in the parking lot in this Google Image:

View attachment 77660
I saw that coming during a quick business visit (BCBS of Florida), way back in 1981. 🤮🤮

·
Registered
211 Posts

View attachment 77660
JSO moved their substation out of there recently. It has to be real bad if JSO won't stay there.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
32,243 Posts
JSO moved their substation out of there recently. It has to be real bad if JSO won't stay there.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk
Kind of like we all joked back in 1982. . ., "Oakland, CA must really be an awful place if The Raiders moved to Los Angeles!" 🤣

Reactions: Skeptic 9094

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It’s an endless circle jerk. Do you honestly think leftists in that state will ever say ‘ok they won. Let’s let them carry’?
Of course not. Never happen. They will pass law after law after law after law. Until the scotus or somebody comes up with a way to punish them for ignoring scotus decisions they will never stop or admit defeat.
Leftists love circle jerks!

It's pretty well known that states like FL have 2 million concealed carriers no blood in the streets ,no shoot outs over parking spaces and most importantly low crime rate - Law and order . So there won't be any tax payers left in CA ,NY ,IL ect. and more to the point it is not a gang infested war zone ,so they will have to catch a clue at some point.
As WE all know, gun control isn't about the guns......

Most malls can barely afford to keep their doors open anymore; they're not going to invest in that kind of technology. And it does nothing to deter this kind of crap...which is one of the real issues keeping shoppers away.

‘It was chaos’: Clay County deputies close Orange Park Mall due to teens causing disturbances (news4jax.com)
The era of the indoor mall is over! The outdoor shopping/dining/living is the new thing! I wish them good luck trying to curb the carrying of ccw's!

Nah. Like idiots they will just lock every single one except one or two. Then they will wonder why dozens died of smoke inhalation in the next fire.
Illegal and the Fire Marshall would shut them down along with a BIG fine!

New York needs a big boot right up their arse!

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Well, that's what you get for going on a Carnival cruise. Stick to Royal Caribbean and you won't have that problem. :LOL:
Well all cruise lines unless adult only are having this issue to varying degrees. But I do agree with you. I like Royal but NCL has become my favorite so far. I am booked on Wonder of the Seas for next March though. Looking forward to being on the biggest cruise ship to date. I think this was my last Carnival cruise.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Well all cruise lines unless adult only are having this issue to varying degrees. But I do agree with you. I like Royal but NCL has become my favorite so far. I am booked on Wonder of the Seas for next March though. Looking forward to being on the biggest cruise ship to date. I think this was my last Carnival cruise.
My brother and S-I-L both worked for Norwegian for the better part of 15 years.
I'll ask them if they ever worked on "Wonder" and see if they have any advice. :)
I know they worked on Pride of America, Jade, Pearl and Epic.

They are both off the boats now.... but they do have horror stories about some of the cruises.
Like the time the boiler blew and they had to tow the boat from the North Atlantic back to Europe.

I took my mom on a few cruises, but generally, I'm not really a fan of cruises.
I prefer not to be tied to the boat's schedule.
But the ones we took (Alaska, and Hawaii) were enjoyable.
Hawaii especially. (Pride of America). It's basically a floating hotel as it barely takes any time to go from one island to the next.

·
Registered
15,874 Posts
My only cruises were on LPD's. They sucked..do not recommend

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
I have a friend who loves cruises; and will cheerfully jump through whatever the hoops of the day are to be able to go.

I’ve never been on one and wouldn’t go if you paid me and my way. That mindset was developed years before covid, which has added more intrustive “conditions“ since.

Different strokes I suppose. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
21,630 Posts
does anyone believe metal detectors would do anything other than disarm law abiding citizens?...all a team of two would have to do is pop open a theatre exit door and allow another with arms in to terrorize a theatre and the rest of the mall unimpeded...

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
does anyone believe metal detectors would do anything other than disarm law abiding citizens?...all a team of two would have to do is pop open a theatre exit door and allow another with arms in to terrorize a theatre and the rest of the mall unimpeded...
Realities a beech; isn’t it? 🤪

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Or an individual could stage a duffel bag full of weapons outside an exit door then come around from inside and retrieve it.

I always thought this about having detectors at schools too. A kid could toss a bag of weapons over the fence in a secluded part of the property the night before and retrieve it when he's ready. Maybe not every single campus but most have places where a bag could sit undisturbed for a while.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts