Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told folks this law would not stand either. Didn't take SAF long to file.

·
Registered
18,976 Posts
It’s an endless circle jerk. Do you honestly think leftists in that state will ever say ‘ok they won. Let’s let them carry’?
Of course not. Never happen. They will pass law after law after law after law. Until the scotus or somebody comes up with a way to punish them for ignoring scotus decisions they will never stop or admit defeat.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It’s an endless circle jerk. Do you honestly think leftists in that state will ever say ‘ok they won. Let’s let them carry’?
Of course not. Never happen. They will pass law after law after law after law. Until the scotus or somebody comes up with a way to punish them for ignoring scotus decisions they will never stop or admit defeat.
Endless.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Or, the legislature punishes them by denying them Federal funding for whatever projects they need to fund.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
It will be another federal court finding that NY's latest attempt to accomplish the same thing using a different strategy is equally unconstitutional to put them in check. That's the endless circle jerk quality of these things. NY is free to legislate a new law, and that will have to stand on its own in a test of the courts, as will be the case with this latest law. On paper, it should be an easier fight given the SCOTUS decision last June, but we can never be guaranteed of an outcome in the court system.

If it has to go all the way to the SCOTUS again I think NY will be in for an arse whuppin. Of all the SCOTUS justices, Justice Sotomayor seems to be the one most miffed by courts not following previously given SCOTUS directions, and it wouldn't surprise me if she decided to set aside her normal disdain of 2nd Amendment causes and join the other side just to make sure NY gets the message. Pure speculation of course, but that's how I'd see it coming out.

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
It's pretty well known that states like FL have 2 million concealed carriers no blood in the streets ,no shoot outs over parking spaces and most importantly low crime rate - Law and order . So there won't be any tax payers left in CA ,NY ,IL ect. and more to the point it is not a gang infested war zone ,so they will have to catch a clue at some point.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
its...

·
Registered
11,445 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,233 Posts

·
Registered
15,947 Posts
Most malls can barely afford to keep their doors open anymore; they're not going to invest in that kind of technology. And it does nothing to deter this kind of crap...which is one of the real issues keeping shoppers away.

‘It was chaos’: Clay County deputies close Orange Park Mall due to teens causing disturbances (news4jax.com)
My thoughts exactly. :unsure:
The usual suspects, and it's going to get worse. Much worse. Stay frosty.

What did they think was going to happen?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Most malls can barely afford to keep their doors open anymore; they're not going to invest in that kind of technology. And it does nothing to deter this kind of crap...which is one of the real issues keeping shoppers away.

‘It was chaos’: Clay County deputies close Orange Park Mall due to teens causing disturbances (news4jax.com)
I’ve never been to one with a metal detector either, so doesn’t surprise that they wouldn’t spend the money on new tech.
You’re right about the real issues though. My sister is a retail manager at a store in a NC mall. She tells me about that kind of crap on a regular basis.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
In the malls I frequented while living in the PRNJ, if there were any metal detectors at the general entrances, it was more for theft/loss prevention than mall security. TBH, I haven't yet experienced a total "indoor" mall like they have in the PRNJ in FL. Most seem to be "outdoor" malls (or like "outdoor shopping centers") that I've seen. Maybe I just haven't seen so many. :unsure:

·
Registered
15,947 Posts
if there were any metal detectors at the general entrances, it was more for theft/loss prevention than mall security.
Those aren't metal detectors. They're RFID scanners.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

Perhaps, but these folks can:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Several years back, there was a shooting (murder) in the Town Center Mall (Boca Raton).
I don't recall if they ever made an arrest in the case.

My point being, you don't really even need to go inside the mall to encounter a threat.

UPDATE: Double murder (mom & daughter, Nancy & Joey Bochicchio-Hauser).
The case is still not solved since 2007.
Reward for information leading to an arrest is $350,000.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts