Registered
1,488 Posts
And........ No one is surprised.

The reason I won't join the NRA is all about Wayne

AFS

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I’m a life member, but no fan of Wayne. I think he has been treating the organization’s money like it’s his personal account. I don’t like it and am committed to using my vote to get rid of him.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The tide is slowly turning. I remember when I was one of very............very few members ...well other than ONE person in here that backs a much larger idiot gun group, that dared to criticize the NRA. The NRA has its purpose and HAS done a good job of fighting for gun rights .....in the past. I have stated many times it is just amazing people hold teachers, politicians and others accountable but give the NRA a free pass on their spending and their failure to fight battles other than those thee know will win. They take credit for supporting lawsuits that they do nothing for except say they agree with the purpose and then take credit when a verdict is given that is pro 2 A. The old .."hey they are the best we have to protect the 2nd Amendment" does not make it any longer. The NRA must adjust its ability to fight the liberal agendas and most of all it needs to do a very honest look at the leadership and follow the money trail of where all the money goes. There are more NRA members than ever before and there is no reason we should be on the short end of so many gun right legal decisions. Organizations like Florida Carry do more than the NRA when you look at the budget and big names associated with the organizations.The lobbyists they employ are not doing the job needed to influence politicians. Even with so many people against police defunding, their tactics are not changing the minds of those anti gunners to see the necessity of self defense via firearm ownership. The saying the "buck stops here" seems to be in reverse with the NRA. The big bucks start at the top with LaPierre and then filters down to many people doing a half a$$ job of being our voice as gun owners.

Reactions: deadeyedick

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
I’m a life member, but no fan of Wayne. I think he has been treating the organization’s money like it’s his personal account. I don’t like it and am committed to using my vote to get rid of him.
Totally agree! SCROOM!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
We put term limits on our President, because we realized that when one is in a position of power too long they get entrenched, they come to control too much, and eventually the power goes to their head. Same is true for the NRA as for the USA. It is long past time for LaPierre to go! The NRA needs to be MUCH more transparent in its finances, and all of the leadership positions need to have term limits!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts