Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you guys who are considering becoming an NRA Instructor..The people I trained under are coming back to Florida in November. Here's an email I received a couple of days ago..

So, here is your reminder that we are coming back to Oklawaha in
November.......the dates are as follows.......

November 8th - Basic Instructor Training (a requirement for new
instructors) 9:00
RSO 1:00
November 9th - Pistol Instructor Course 9:00

November 10th - Rifle Instructor Course - 9:00
Home Firearm Safety - 3:30

November 11th - Personal Protection in the Home - 9:00
Shotgun Instructor - 2:00

If you want to attend, please go to www.michael-lucas.org for application and prepayment, as you did before.
As soon as I'm notified of your payment, I will reserve a seat for you. I need to know how many are attending as I will not have all those extra materials this time. I need the prepays by October 25th to assure the material order arrives in time for the trip.

I've got to tell all of you Mike and Melanie have been doing this along time and are great people to learn from. If you have the desire to join the ranks these are the people you want to learn from..If I can help or answer any questions, let me know..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am looking into becoming a NRA Certified Instructor for Pistol and Concealed Weapons. I have been to the NRA website, but it hasn't been helpful.

I am looking for information on the process as far as registration, application, courses exam and training fees? How do I find classes in the Palm Beach and Broward county. Do I need to be sponsored? Can I do this On-line, or home study?

Thanks
Steve66

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
I am looking into becoming a NRA Certified Instructor for Pistol and Concealed Weapons. I have been to the NRA website, but it hasn't been helpful.

I am looking for information on the process as far as registration, application, courses exam and training fees? How do I find classes in the Palm Beach and Broward county. Do I need to be sponsored? Can I do this On-line, or home study?

Thanks
Steve66
Steve, this site may be able to answer your questions:

http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/instructor.asp

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hi TampaSgt,

Thanks for posting. I have been to that page. There is very little on the process. I may need to call the NRA Training Department. I did find a course in W.P.B. for Instructor and Basic Pistol and may email the instructor for more information.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, it cant be done online..You have to attend the all day sessions. How much money depends on how many Certs you want. The BIT course is the 1st and is mandatory before any other class..(Basic Instructor Training)..They teach you how to teach..Then you move on to Basic Pistol etc..Cost depends on trainer and how many classes you take. I've got a contact in WPB if you want...just have to find the number..

·
Registered
10,558 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Steve, it cant be done online..You have to attend the all day sessions. How much money depends on how many Certs you want. The BIT course is the 1st and is mandatory before any other class..(Basic Instructor Training)..They teach you how to teach..Then you move on to Basic Pistol etc..Cost depends on trainer and how many classes you take. I've got a contact in WPB if you want...just have to find the number..
If you can find your contacts number, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
SwampRat, Thanks for posting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts