Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:clap As an Instructor, you can experience the personal satisfaction of teaching others the basics -- the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will lead to a lifetime of safe, enjoyable and successful involvement in firearm and shooting activities. Instructors provide an invaluable service in their communities by training hundreds of thousands of individuals annually. As firearm and shooting activities expand, and more Americans choose to exercise their right to carry a firearm, so too grows the need for these courses (and the Instructors to teach them).

Pre-qualification Required!

All applicants MUST PROVE they have the basic knowledge and experience in the specific field of instruction to take these courses.

Qualified applicants can register for one of our workshops here. www.e2c.us
or call 1-866-371-6111 www.equip2conceal.com

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Funny... Just the other night I was searching the internet for info on this. I was curious what the pre-requisites are? Do you have to have taken all the NRA courses previously? Or any of them? Are you required to teach a minimum number of courses per year? Do people do this on a part-time basis? Or even on a volunteer basis?

I already have a career... a very busy one at that. But, I considered this, if for no other reason, my own edification. Just entertaining the thought at this point, really. But, I'd like to know more about it.

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Perhaps it is just me, but how do you navigate around to find the price for this class?

Like racer, I'm in the info gathering stage. My life is too busy to consider adding one more thing to my plate right now.

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
Perhaps it is just me, but how do you navigate around to find the price for this class?

Like racer, I'm in the info gathering stage. My life is too busy to consider adding one more thing to my plate right now.
Also, where on the site does it say what Instructor Certifications you are offering? "NRA Instructor Certification" doesn't tell me a whole lot. There's a bunch of them.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I've wondered about this "pre-qualification required" portion. What is considered qualified in exact terms? Teaching experience, (gun related/non gun related)? etc.?

I don't even being to believe I have the experience and/or training I'd personally feel qualified to teach in this arena, but, as I do enjoy teaching, it's something I'd like to work toward as I do learn more and become more qualified.

I'm just curious what is considered "qualfied" now, so, I can consider my goals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

hello everyone,

Above is a link to the NRA's website where you will find a list of all the workshops currently being held in the state of FL. You can search for any state that you want, but this link will take you to the FL list. I am one of the NRA certified training counselors on staff at equip2conceal and you will see our workshop listed.

The pre-qualification is just a simple test to make sure that you are familiar with firearms and that you have some experiance shooting different types ( semi automatic-revolver ) as well as knowledge on saftey ( safely loading and unloading, safe handling ) and clearing common stoppages ( mis fires-hang fires- hang ups ) and that you can shoot a group no wider than 6 inches at about 20 feet.

Once you pass the pre-qualification, you will begin the workshop. The pre-qual is only about an hour and a half long (depending on the number of students in the course) and is usually held on the same day as the workshop.

How to present knowledge to others is what the workshop is mainly about.

I hope that answers most of your questions. If you have any further questions that you would like to go over, feel free to call us at 727 773 5060 Thanks

www.equip2conceal.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also, where on the site does it say what Instructor Certifications you are offering? "NRA Instructor Certification" doesn't tell me a whole lot. There's a bunch of them.
We currently are only offering Pistol and BIT (Basic Instructor Training) if there is any other discipline you are looking for please let me know and I will see what we can do to assist you. If there was a larger demand we would be offering them on a regular basis but until that time it will be on a case by case basis.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
Thanks, Rob. Haven't had time to think about what other certs I'd like to obtain.

I appreciate the response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts