Florida Concealed Carry banner

Notice of suspension of application

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Telum Pisces 
#1 ·
I just received a notice of suspension of application.. based upon the following criminal history information received by the department indicating that on October 11, 2013 in Miami Dade County Florida I was arrested for driving while license suspended .. it's been more than 90 days they say it will take to make their decision,, what should I do.. somebody help me plz..

#2 ·
Why did you post this question 3 times in 3 different forums?

To your question, DWLSR is a civil infraction the first time, a misdemeanor the second time, and a felony the third time (except habitual traffic offenders where it is a felony right out of the gate). Which was yours? Because if it wasn't a felony the state shouldn't care about it anyway for CWFL purposes.

#3 · (Edited)
All three threads merged/deleted and remaining thread moved to the correct location, License Questions! :smack

Brian's question is spot on but you may not want to answer here. Now what you should do is seek legal counsel!!! Also, if you're not a member of Florida Carry, I would strongly consider joining. Good luck with your case.

#4 ·
I posted three times cause I was trying to get a quick respond at that time. 🏽..
I do have this charge more than once but none is dated for October 11, 2013 and all the others disposition shows WITHHOLD ADJDCTN., should I just wait it out and let them do Their research?

#5 ·
I do have this charge more than once but none is dated for October 11, 2013 and all the others disposition shows WITHHOLD ADJDCTN.,
Sorry,

You should have taken the advice about not posting information here. Your actions show a pattern of disregard for the law! So, they might have a reason to be suspect! Many times, people get their license suspended because their insurance lapses in this state and they are not notified correctly etc... So I get the first time. But subsequent times, you are in the know and well.......

#7 ·
Driving on a suspended should not be a felony - I don't care how many times it happens.
It's just not enough (to me) to warrant the forever loss of one's 2nd Amendment rights.

...especially when one witnesses how many of the jackass drivers behave on the roadways in South Florida, who presumably, have licenses.

I can see where someone gets into such financial turmoil with the loss of driving privileges that it becomes its own debtor's prison.
People have to work to pay the fines, and with our wonderful mass transit here, what are the practical alternatives?
That system needs reform. Badly, in my opinion.

That's not to say I think people shouldn't have valid driver licenses, or that there shouldn't be consequences.
I just don't believe it should rise to the level of loss of 2A rights.

#9 ·
On principle, I agree! I don't think one should lose their 2A rights for even "habitual offender" designation of non-criminal motor vehicle statutes.

#11 ·
It got suspended because I wasn't able to pay for a tag renewal... so they suspend your license now in Florida to try to prevent you from driving.. my two and three-year-old at the time still had to attend doctors appointments which I was the only transportation..I had the same problem when I try to buy my first pistol and I'm assuming they're see the same charges for the license background check.. I already received my pistol..but I agree..this is no act of violence are such this is a motor vehicle I don't know what this has to do with my 2A

#12 · (Edited)
I sympathize with your plight and although you likely cannot afford legal counsel since it seems you needed to make a choice between paying your vehicle registration of taking your kids to the doctor, I'm afraid you really need legal counsel to help clear this up. Perhaps Eric Friday, lead counsel for FloridaCarry.org and a member here on FCC (screen name "efriday") would answer a PM, be able to discuss your case, and can give you an idea of how to proceed. Before you PM Mr. Friday, send me a PM with your particulars and I'll pay for your first year of membership of Florida Carry, which should increase Mr. Friday's responsiveness. However, I will warn you that he's very busy litigating several cases against FDLE on behalf of citizens having their FCWFL slowwalked or delayed in violation of f.s. 790.06 and also several local jurisdictions for their violations of other firearms related Florida Statutes!

#13 ·
A tag renewal costs $22.50. That's like one box of ammo or about eight gallons of gas.
The concealed license fee is $102. Pistols are hundreds more. How can you afford a gun when you can't afford to pay state fees?
Seems like a priorities issue and not a money issue.

#15 ·
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks should be a law, only matters what is the law. But nothing says you have a felony denying you a carry permit, just that the application is suspended while more investigation happens. Only your lawyer can answer your questions, so contact them. Don't expect legal advice from the internet to be either correct or to fix your problems.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Tru.. was just trying to see if anybody had any similar issues with trying to apply for a permit I honestly think driving while license are suspended is no active violence or even domestic violence are somewhat of a criminal activity... especially in my situation.. and shouldn't be affecting my concealed weapons license ..

#18 ·
The law doesn't take your "situation" into account. Everyone is supposed to be treated the same. I agree in principle about the driving while suspended thing. But there are others out there that once they show a habitual tendency to ignore laws, they have a pattern of breaking the law elsewhere! Just a pattern that is "typically" there!

You were not denied. Just probably shows on your record and they have to do a double check on ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.